SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Overseas Delivery orders (for 2003 models) are being canceled and the deposits will be returned to the customers. Overseas Deliveru program orders will start to be accepted in March 2003 for delivery in May; those units will be 2004 models.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Re: All Overseas Delivery orders (for 2003) are scrapped (GrecianVolvo)

Yannis,

Just a clarification so that readers are not confused. The Overseas Delivery orders that have been cancelled are only for the 2003 Volvo XC90 that were scheduled after Jan 1, 2003. Orders on other Volvo models via the Overseas Delivery Program are still being processed as normal. The folks in Sweden still want Americans to come, visit and get a Volvo, they just can't provide XC90's for a few months to Overseas Delivery customers.

William

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: All Overseas Delivery orders (William)

quote:

Yannis,

Just a clarification so that readers are not confused. The Overseas Delivery orders that have been cancelled are only for the 2003 Volvo XC90 that were scheduled after Jan 1, 2003. Orders on other Volvo models via the Overseas Delivery Program are still being processed as normal. The folks in Sweden still want Americans to come, visit and get a Volvo, they just can't provide XC90's for a few months to Overseas Delivery customers.

William
Hi William.

Well, I did not mention that the post referred to the XC90s since I only posted here so I would think that people would apply this to XC90s only as you very correctly pointed out.

Yes, the first 50 TDS units that were made available to us back in August (and were sold out very quickly) are going throuhg but, again, I did not mention that because it does not apply to anyone here (based on previous comments).

Yannis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: All Overseas Delivery orders (for 2003) are scrapped (GrecianVolvo)

Any more info on this?

My sister is stationed in Germany and we would love to visit them in Europe while picking up our XC90.

We just put a deposit on a T-6 but the dealer is not sure if it will be a 2003 or 2004 (he said more than likley a 04)

How can we be sure to take advantage of the overseas delivery and what has/will change from the info on the Volvo website about the winter delviery.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: All Overseas Delivery orders (Hov34)

quote:

Any more info on this?

My sister is stationed in Germany and we would love to visit them in Europe while picking up our XC90.

We just put a deposit on a T-6 but the dealer is not sure if it will be a 2003 or 2004 (he said more than likley a 04)

How can we be sure to take advantage of the overseas delivery and what has/will change from the info on the Volvo website about the winter delviery.

Thanks
Most likely you will ge a 2004 model. Aroung mid-february, Volvo Overseas Delivery will start accepting orders for 2004 XC90s (delivery starting in late June 2003). One thing for all to know. They will only have VERY FEW slots available and each retailer is "pre-allocated" a certain amount of XC90s that they ARE ALLOWED to order through this progran for delivery before December 2003. I predict that the Overseas Delivery program will come to halt (again) for the XC90s in a few months from now.

Yannis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts