SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a nice all cast iron manifold (does not have thte butterflies on intake side) and I'm considering swapping out my CI exhaust and aluminum intake pair. However, I realize the throttle linkage from the firewall has to be different. What does the throttle linkage look like and/or what have folks used? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
550 Posts
On the 66 I went from the aluminum/single pipe exhaust to the 67 one piece iron one. (no butterflies) Only part I rember being different is a bracket that bolts on the manifold to hold the linkage.
(if I rember right)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. Yes my CI manifold has a linkage bracket and a ball end (at a slight angle to centerline of engine block). But I don't see how the current throttle linkage that mounts into a bracket (two bolts) with a bushing on the aluminum manifold would attach to this CI bracket and ball end. It seems as though the throttle linkage from the firewall must have a ball end on it.

So my question is the part of the throttle linkage from the firewall to the manifold the same for both the all CI and aluminum intake manifold?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts