SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tires, for the 2nd time in as many years, wore down to the nub on the inside part of the tires, forcing me to buy new tires for the 2rd time in 2 years (only about 8k miles, Conti DWS). this suggests camber is off (too "negative") but a recent alignment showed that the car was barely - if at all - out of spec before aligned. An inspection of the various front suspension components has revealed no apparent issues, and my friendly tech says there isn't much to be done at this point.

I cannot spend 600-800 every year on new tires and another 100 on alignment every 6 months, on top of the regular (and irregular) maintenance.

Anyone have thoughts? This wasn't a problem with past tires (the PZero Rossos, a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S). Could this be a tire specific issue or is something being missed here?

Can someone link to the official alignment specs for a V70R?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Do you have a before/after printout from your last alignment? Front toe can also lead to accelerated wear on the inside. My alignment sheet indicates toe specification of 0 degrees to 6 minutes. And a total toe of 12 minutes.

Have you inspected front suspension bushing for wear?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts