SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my car (with stock springs BTW) into have it aligned this morning as I've hit two monster potholes in the past few weeks and figured this is as good a time as any to have it checked out.

Here are the results:

After reviewing the attached thread, I think they used the right specs but am not 100% sure (haven't had enough coffee yet; sorry!). Any comments/feedback?

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=54076

TIA,

Derek

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Alignment Specs OK? (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Totally off spec..

Johann:

I know the scan of the sheet sucks but as far as I can tell, the only "Current Measurement" that is out of spec is the Right Rear Camber which is at -1.2 as compared to a range of "-1.0 to 1.0". Am I missing something?

TIA,

Derek

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Alignment Specs OK? (bb vign)

I do have to say that I do not understand the inch measurements but first of all I want my rear axle to be totally equal from a toe point of view. Not 0 on one side. The thrust angle should be as close to 0 as possible.
The front camber is to negative for a cruising setup. Also the front needs a slight toe in.

Look at the other thread and the specs. The tolerances are nice but if you go max + on one side and max - on the other you will still be left with a weird behaving car.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Re: Alignment Specs OK? (Johann)

Sometimes toe and thrust angles are expressed in degrees, sometimes in inch measurements. This makes comparison very difficult. Gotta open the trigonometry book. Ugh!

Regardless, those numbers look reasonable to me, although not perfect.

It appears they only made a simple front toe adjustment to get to the "after" measurements.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Alignment Specs OK? (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
Derek,

Which dealer did you go to?

-Eric

Town Fair Tire on Rt. 7 in Norwalk (on the way to work)

Regards,

Derek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts