SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Unless the OP has aftermarket provisions for it, there are no front or rear camber adjustments on the P1 chassis.

Besides, they're in spec anyway.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Unless the OP has aftermarket provisions for it, there are no front or rear camber adjustments on the P1 chassis.

Besides, they're in spec anyway.
Yup....but there are a variety of ways to achieve adjustability.

And just because they're in the manufacturer's spec doesn't mean they're good for all use... ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Unless the OP specifically requests particular settings, I think almost every tech that would see those readings on an alignment rack will leave them as they are. Also, since there are no "normal" camber adjustments, unless a some kind of "incentive" were offered, most techs are not interested in creating unnecessary work for themselves.

Unless I missed something, the vast majority of techs in the U.S. are paid by the flat rate hour which means the less time they spend on a car, the more money they can make moving on to the next car. That is why I say many of them see alignment numbers in spec and leave it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Unless the OP specifically requests particular settings, I think almost every tech that would see those readings on an alignment rack will leave them as they are. Also, since there are no "normal" camber adjustments, unless a some kind of "incentive" were offered, most techs are not interested in creating unnecessary work for themselves.

Unless I missed something, the vast majority of techs in the U.S. are paid by the flat rate hour which means the less time they spend on a car, the more money they can make moving on to the next car. That is why I say many of them see alignment numbers in spec and leave it.
The unfortunate state of auto repair today....all the more reason to DIY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts