SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my alignment done, and my front right camber, front cross camber, and rear right camber are outside of factory specs. Is this something I have to worry about? <p>Also, could this be a result of the springs I had installed two weeks ago? Or is it more likely a result of the rough, new england roads around me? Here are my specs.<p>front left/right (specified range)<br>camber -0.6/-2.2 (-1.4, 0)<br>caster 3.0/3.3 (2.7, 4.7)<br>toe 0.10/0.11 (.05, 0.15)<p>front<br>cross camber 1.6 (-1, 1)<br>cross caster -0.3 (-.3, .3)<br>total toe 0.20 (.1, .3)<p>rear left/right<br>camber -1.7/-3.2 (-1.9, -1.2)<br>toe 0.16/0.15 (.1, .2)<p>rear<br>cross camber 1.5 (-1, 1)<br>total toe 0.3 (.2, .4)<br>thrust angle 0.01 (-.25, .25)<p>

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: alignment questions (ek)

You'll experience high inner tire wear.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ek</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, could this be a result of the springs I had installed two weeks ago? Or is it more likely a result of the rough, new england roads around me? Here are my specs.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><br>Both.<p>Get a camber kit for the rear.<br><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=59346" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=59346</A><p>Page 2 at the bottom, Tom posted updated alignment specs.<p>Also like to add that your fuel tank should be full when you go get an alignment.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: alignment questions (ek)

If I read your results right they screwed up on the front and rear right. Values that different on the left vs. the right are IMO pretty concerning. <p>It's due to the springs, not the roads. Roads don't affect your ability to get an alignment -- suspension geometry and travel does (which your springs altered). <p>Also, you don't need to change alignment specs as the stock ranges are quite large. Tom posted a set of alignment values that he thought might be interesting. The set I posted is what I'd go with if I were you -- but the ultimate numbers you choose are dictated by your goals for the car. <p>The main thing is that you want the fronts to match each other (and the same for the rears).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts