SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get an alignment for my SR - is this only for the dealer or can any alignment shop do this properly? Any recommendations in Toronto?

Looking to recalibrate my suspension as well which is likely going to be at a dealership unless someone on SS locally has the software setup to do this and is willing to help out :D

Called one dealer locally and they said I didn't need to do anything after replacing strut or shock but I've seen lots of content claiming otherwise or benefits from doing so.

On a long shot, anyone local have R lowering springs to sell?

·
Registered
276 Posts
woodbridge alignment for all your alignment needs.

u defiantly dont need to recalibrate anything after replacing shocks.........this isnt a GTR with electronic shock management...

and just get aftermarket springs no need for R specific

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
u defiantly dont need to recalibrate anything after replacing shocks.........this isnt a GTR with electronic shock management...
Actually, you do. P2 S60R/V70Rs have active chassis (4C) electronic shock management, so a SUM calibration would be required after a strut replacement. You can do that with a VIDA/DICE unit, there are a bunch of knockoffs on Ebay that claim to work (by other users).

As for the lowering springs, from the last Ertefa we spoke, I do have a set of Heico's that I could part with given a good price (they go for $450 a set MRSP). I was intending to keep them so that I eventually cut them so I can get the stance I want on the R, but I think I may prefer to cut the Eibachs instead.

As for alignment, any good laser alignment shop can do. I go to S.R. Detailing in Markham, they have a Hunter Hawkeye Laser Alignment Machine there and both Henry and I have had it done there for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Bobby works at VoT? I can check with him on the recal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes 4C will require recalibration whenever any component is replaced. To be honest it quite a complicated system. Works with DSTC to which strut to adjust and braking is needed on which wheel to give you the best and the safest cornering. If you lowered your vehicle I would say for certain that your rear camber is gonna be out how much is different between vehicles. IPD do offer a rear camber adjustment bushing I think but is a pain to install. If you need me to check something about your vehicle in Warranty history please PM me your VIN and I will check for you also I will check if you have any outstanding recalls. hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts