SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the latest issue of the British "CAR" magazine and there was an interesting article about Fiat's financial problem. Fiat's new partnership with GM will bring Alfa Romeo back to USA, and the cars will share components with Saab. There will also be a SUV! Any thoughts and ideas? Personally, I am very excited because the newer Alfas, especially the new concept car Breta (spelling?,) are beautiful looking machines, more beautiful than any German and Japanese makes. I really hope Alfa's quality and reliability would go up too, at least to the level of Saab.<p>[This message has been edited by silvereye (edited 08-25-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silvereye:<BR><B>I read the latest issue of the British CAR magazine and there was an interesting article about Fiat's financial problem. Fiat's new partnership with GM will bring Alfa Romeo back to USA, and the cars will share components with Saab. There will also be a SUV! Any thoughts and ideas? Personally, I am very excited because the newer Alfas, especially the new concept car Breta (spelling?,) are beautiful looking machines, more beautiful than any German and Japanese makes. I really hope Alfa's quality and reliability would go up too, at least to the level of Saab.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, they [Alfa] are beautiful but once GM get their ugly hands on them...forget it. They are already talking about sharing with SAAB. YIKES! If you ever drove Alfas, you will know that mixing Alfa and Saab is like mixing water with oil. It is a shame. Today's beautifully styled Alfas are all Italian, they have nothing to do with GM/Saab...<P>Yannis<P>

·
Registered
128 Posts
An Alfa SUV?! Now that would be funny to see...<P>GM should be concentrating on downsizing the number of vehicles they are selling. Oldsmobile is on the way out, and Buick should be right behind them. The new Alfas are nice to look at, but I don't think that they offer anything that will really sell here.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
You know, I've always been afraid of GM's ability to brand manage, but I do have great faith in Bob Lutz. I'll hold my opinion until they make it here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>You know, I've always been afraid of GM's ability to brand manage, but I do have great faith in Bob Lutz. I'll hold my opinion until they make it here.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree. I think Saab and other European brands are making some pretty good cars under GM.<BR>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts