SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stopped in my ’12 XC70 at the back of a line of cars waiting for some jay walking kids on their way to school. Little did I know, an F-150 doing 40 would attempt to drive through me at that moment. As they smashed squarely into the back of the car, I should not have been surprised when I was pushed into the next car in line as well. Always great to start your day with an impromptu round of real life bumper cars.

In another case of WHIPS doing what it does best, I ended up staring at the ceiling, with no damage at all to my person. Not then, not the next day, not even a sore muscle. While the F-150 got towed, I drove the Volvo around in its beaten state for the next five days. Once I got it into the body shop it was declared a total loss. Sad, for sure, but man did that car sacrifice itself to keep me out of the chiropractors office.

After all that, I definitely had no problem convincing my wife we needed another Volvo. I miss my old XC70, but sprinting through traffic in the new V60 RD has somehow managed to fill the void.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have an ‘08 XC70 and recently got rear ended. Luckily it was fixable and the woman was not going over 15 when she hit me. Glad to know that if it had been worse I would have been just fine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts