1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah I suspect it's not so much truly a case of needing an update but more a reset or something like that. Anyway hopefully there's nothing too amiss which I would expect.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just occurred to me that my dealer still needs to set up "Emergency On Call" (whatever Volvo calls it :p). My sales guy delivered the car to my work and I didn't have time to do anything except say thanks and sign some DMV paperwork. I bet the theft system failure message could be related to this.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just experienced this same error message after receiving my XC90 on 11/16. I've driven a few hundred miles and multiple car starts and the error is still present. Odd that a SW update that was apparently available in July (from SocDave) is not being pre-installed on new XC90s - assuming I have the same issue. Hopefully a quick fix at the dealer.

As a side note, I've noticed when locking from the fob my XC90 is no longer chirping. I checked the audible option and it is still enabled. I even unchecked and rechecked the option and still no chirping. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have same issue

Just experienced this same error message after receiving my XC90 on 11/16. I've driven a few hundred miles and multiple car starts and the error is still present. Odd that a SW update that was apparently available in July (from SocDave) is not being pre-installed on new XC90s - assuming I have the same issue. Hopefully a quick fix at the dealer.

As a side note, I've noticed when locking from the fob my XC90 is no longer chirping. I checked the audible option and it is still enabled. I even unchecked and rechecked the option and still no chirping. Anyone else have this happen?

My XC90 has same issue... did software update fix it? any idea how to get this fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts