SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 04sr, I’m trying to replace my module with junkyard units. My one that was on the car would allow my sunroof to work, and the alarm would not sound off at all just flash. So going through my junkyard and having some here. I’ve tried a total of 8 sirens. Plugging them in and taking them out and none of them sound the alarm and they just flash the lights. That’s ok but noooooooooooone of them allow the sunroof to operate.

For example and this blows my mind.

The siren on top is the one that came out of my car. The one on the bottom is one that I replaced the batteries in. With the one on the top my sunroof operates. The one on the bottom does not operate my sunroof or sounds off the alarm. And has absolutely no damage to the board. Is there and sequence I should be doing things when swapping these out? I haven’t unplugged the battery when swapping them out. Just plugging and unplugging them as I go. And locking the car with the drivers window down and either setting the car off by the door or popping the hood.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I remembered that need "reset" via VIDA. And 04 one is via AEM ?

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cycled the lock and unlock 3 times and the sunroof worked again. But lights flash when siren is triggered.

I just did this on my other 04sr “auto” with a junkyard unit and the first one I tried worked perfectly and the sunroof was working again. That one had stopped working and was fixed instantly

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it working now, ordered a battery and plugged it right in and the alarm now works!! I used the clean board one. I think my other battery pack was too weak to power the siren. That was my main culprit. Thanks for everyone’s info. No programming needed. Just the three locks and unlocks to reset the sunroof, if it’s not working right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts