SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-I need a new alarm module and cant seem to find it online. Maybe I'm searching under the wrong name or something. Where is the best and cheapest place to buy one?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
alarm siren

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320941787470?hlp=false

It's like 180$ at the dealer if you ask for wholesale price.. And if they give it to you. Just call and ask ahead of time, they should stock them.

Other option: junkyard. I got one for 6$ from a crashed S60. You can get it from any P2 car, doesn't have to be an S60... So S80, V70(xc), S40, V50, S60....

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Siren Part number is: 9452709 - $270.00 dealer price.
You will also need about 4 rivets as well.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Good time to relocate it next to the airbox. Just extend the wires and wire loom out to the area behind the driver's side headlight and you'll be set. Did that on mine, it makes life easier further down the road when you'll need to replace it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Siren Part number is: 9452709 - $270.00 dealer price.
You will also need about 4 rivets as well.
180$ for me. looks like you're wrong or getting ripped off.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Good time to relocate it next to the airbox. Just extend the wires and wire loom out to the area behind the driver's side headlight and you'll be set. Did that on mine, it makes life easier further down the road when you'll need to replace it.
You can use the push-pin rivets which makes it equally as easy.. In the fender, that is. Also, cut a line in the shear screw so you can remove it with a flat head, and re-use it... Or get a regular bolt.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Nope. These are a common thing. I sell about 4-5 a month. $270 is volvo list price.
So, you rip people off? My local dealer wholesale price was like $192 with tax lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
$173.58 from Tascaparts.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
So, you rip people off? My local dealer wholesale price was like $192 with tax lol
No. Wholesale is for shops only. They need to make their cut too. Volvo list is for customers. Now dealer list for the siren outrageous.

·
Registered
876 Posts
No. Wholesale is for shops only. They need to make their cut too. Volvo list is for customers. Now dealer list for the siren outrageous.
My local dealer price was $270, but I got mine from Tasca for $174 plus $10 for shipping. I replaced it few weeks ago as preventive maintenance.
When I cut the old siren open, battery was leaking, negative wire was corroded and it fell off as soon as I touched it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
And here are the guts.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wow-awesome feedback. Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up ordering from eerie-$93 with taxes shipping etc and lifetime warranty. The salesman said he removed his headlight and loosened bumper and was able to complete the swap that way which i might try as well instead of drilling etc.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Wow-awesome feedback. Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up ordering from eerie-$93 with taxes shipping etc and lifetime warranty. The salesman said he removed his headlight and loosened bumper and was able to complete the swap that way which i might try as well instead of drilling etc.
You don't need to drill anything (except maybe rivets, but all mine just sorta popped out..) you can use a small screwdriver and hammer them in straight, if you're good. Doing it through the headlight is difficult, as there's VERY little room to work... You're better off taking the wheel off and going that route, you will need a small dremel with a wobble extension so you can fit it in there, to make a small slot in the sheer screw so you can remove it with a flat head.

And breathe...

·
Registered
59 Posts
My local dealer price was $270, but I got mine from Tasca for $174 plus $10 for shipping. I replaced it few weeks ago as preventive maintenance.
When I cut the old siren open, battery was leaking, negative wire was corroded and it fell off as soon as I touched it.

@ DarekP

Do you still remember the spec of siren battery while you open the old battery pack?

It is cheaper to get rechargable AA battery with 7.2v instead of button cell. Why the siren maker use the button cell instead???

·
Registered
899 Posts
I don't recall the exact specs (somewhere around 300mAh), but I pulled a junkyard unit and replaced the battery with one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-Ba...H-Fruit-new-/151314876829?hash=item233b11c99d

Been working beautifully for a few months now.

I was also able to get my siren out by pulling the bumper/headlight and undoing the bolts in the alarm frame (didn't touch the rivets), but I'm told this method may not work for later cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts