SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was victim of a "smash & grab" early this morning. I never heard an alarm go off and was sleeping with my window open (neither did any of my neighbors). Called police to file report. The officer reached inside and unlocked the car. Upon opening the door from the outside handle, the alarm proceeded to go off (bravo volvo). Now I'm left with an exposed window overnight as I am waiting for glass company to replace tomorrow morning. HERE'S THE THING: I locked the car. Alarm light blinks as normal. Attempted to unlock the car by reaching inside and opening from outside and now THE ALARM DOESN'T GO OFF! Can't seem to find any answers by doing a search, does anyone know why it might not be working now??? :facepalm:

·
Registered
207 Posts
didn't you got a notification on your display? last summer i left a window a bit open, and after some time the alarm went of. i turn it of by opening the car on remote.
later when i did start the car a notification alarm went off was in my display. So i guess if you don't have that your alarm isn't functioning right.

But it sucks that they broke in to your car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$6 in my center console. Left both pairs of italian handmade sunglasses, my business thumb drive, and the box of platinum spark plugs i was planning on installing today.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Does your car have an internal motion detector? If they didn't open the door, they wouldn't trigger the door alarm...

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is the beauty of factory 'alarms'. Only activated by pin switches. Needs some type of proximity or shock sensor. Otherwise it doesn't go off until a. Door is opened.

Sorry to hear about your situation but glad they didn't do more damage. Sucks waiting for stuff to get repaired for measly $6!

·
Registered
290 Posts
i just tested mine 06 T5 and armed, waited for about 2 min, then tried to bang the windows, it did sounded the alarm :) so i guess mine comes with sensors? geezz after all this years, i just leaned this today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I knew it didn't have the motion sensor. What is throwing me off is that, since the car had a broken/exposed window overnight, I wanted to make sure the alarm would work if someone opened the door. After the break-in, the officer attempted to open the door by hitting the unlock switch inside the car, then pulling the handle on the exterior. It caused the alarm to sound. That night, I tested the same process and it would just unlock the car and let the door open without sounding. Did the car "know" there wasn't a window, therefore disabling the alarm (makes absolutely no sense), more so, why did the alarm go off in the first place? Apparently the alarm only goes off with a. force door open, b. force trunk open, c. force hood open...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts