SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got out of work today and went to my car and when I started it said the alarm was set off to check the car and I did , found nothing wrong so I got home and put the car into my drive way , then the alarm started going wild and the led on the dash blinks really fast and the horn is sometimes going off , it has gone off like 10 times and I even tried to let the car unlocked dident work . Ended up pulling the battery positive side off because it's late and I woke up the neighbors , what's wrong , is there anything I can do to stop it from going off or is there something making it like that and while at work my sun roof was tilted up now it's closed

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
look on the fuse panel and pull the fuse for the alarm module. The car will continue to operate properly but the alarm module will no longer receive power.. You will need to eventually change the alarm/siren module though. It is located in the front passenger fenderwell(between fender liner and bumper)

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Nah, its a pretty common problem. The small battery inside them starts leaking after a while and thats what causes everything to go wrong. I replaced mine a few months ago.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope I can get it cheap and what's the exact part called , and right now I tried to connect the Barry again and it oes off ever 2 min

·
Registered
185 Posts
Alarm Module or Siren Module or Alarm Siren. Different places call it different things

http://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/...ubgroup=ANTI-THEFT COMPONENTS&component=SIREN

Dont know what year yours is but here is the link to one place. Wait for a good sale or take a risk and get a used one from junk. But for some dumb reason since the anti-theft goes through the computer inside your rear view mirror, as does your sunroof, don't be surprised if your sunroof starts acting up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts