SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions

Hello All,

Glad to be here. A timely discovery (spend a lot of time at audiworld).

Finalizing equipment on one of the cars allotted to my dealer. Planning on attending the XC90 Experience in Alameda on Saturday. Premium, versatility, and climate are planned. As to the rest, confusion reigns...

As to color: Silver seems a safe bet. Has anyone seen the Crystal Green? Opinions? Taupe or graphite, will either work?
As to model: leaning towards the 2.5T. I figure the real cost difference between it and the T6 is about $1800, so I can go either way. Anyone driven both and wish to share performance impressions? Dealer has only T6's alotted, so this could be a problem.
As to music: Don't want to spend the money for the sound upgrade, but I will if the stereo is as weak as our '99 XC70.

Thanks for any and all comments.

jvincent

[Modified by jvincent, 3:29 AM 10-22-2002]

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions (jvincent)

Welcome man. If you're an Audi fan (as am I) you probably find a vehicle with Haldex and an I5 attractive. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

Anyway, I've seen the green. It's a cool color, that changes a bit with the lighting. It's different, but I'd consider getting one in that color. Here's a pic I shot at the recent San Fran press event.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts

quote:

Has anyone seen the Crystal Green...
Havn't seen one in person, but I think Crystal Green is super nice looking color for the XC90. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

-Drew

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions ([email protected])

Thank you for the picture. I ordered this color without seeing based on comments and it's looks great. Can someone comment on the backseat entertainment feature? It's not in the first production vehicles so does that mean that it can be a dealer added feature after market or or us first buyers just out of luck. Ordered the rear seat controls in anticipation of that but if the entertainment feature cannot be later added than is this just a waste of money? Any comments welcome.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

George.

Thanks for the pic. One of those colors that's hard to photograph, I think. Probably need to see it in person. Otherwise I guess it's silver.

jvincent

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts

It is close to silver and gray...very subtle. Yes, I would suggest you try to see one in person.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

Hi,

I was in Alameda yesterday for a Volvo XC90 training session. Just so you know... when you go Saturday there will only be Black and Silver XC90's. The Black ones are are T6's and the Silver ones are 2.5T's. I have seen the XC90 in Crystal Green. It was the same one that George took a photo of in Sonoma and posted to this board. I think it is a good color and will be a popular choice for XC90 owners. The Crystal Green XC90 that was in Sonoma had the taupe interior. I think it looks good with either color interior. I like the graphite interior myself.

Although I haven't been able to play with the sound system much... I don't think you will need to upgrade unless you are really into music. What I did hear sounded great.

The 2.5T was quicker off the line. We were not able to drive them for a long period. The T6 will have better top end speed. There will be some professional car drivers there this weekend. Ask them their opinion. They don't work for Volvo and can give you an unbiased viewpoint on the different drivetrains. If you decide you want a 2.5T and need some help getting one let me know. Have fun in Alameda this weekend. I think you will be impressed.

William

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Re: Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions (sleepless2)

Sleepless 2,

Hi, I have been told by our Volvo rep that the DVD Entertainment system will be available later as a dealer add on option. I have some customers who are like you and looking to add it later.

William

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions (William)

Thanks William for the info. Will someone please give us an address(es) where all these demos and sightings are taking place? Is the crystal green one still in Sonoma and where? Like to see what we have ordered!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

William,

Thanks for the informative post. I'm still considering the crystal green. I think the silver will be too popular. Definitely graphite interior, either way.

Glad to hear the stadard sound system is OK.

The more I read, the more the 2.5T seems to make sense, for my situation anyway.

Thanks again for the feedback.

jvincent

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

quote:

Sleepless 2,

Hi, I have been told by our Volvo rep that the DVD Entertainment system will be available later as a dealer add on option. I have some customers who are like you and looking to add it later.

William
Yes, late January to early February 2003 is the time when the parts and software will be available to us, Retailers.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

quote:

Dealer has only T6's alotted, so this could be a problem.
As to music: Don't want to spend the money for the sound upgrade, but I will if the stereo is as weak as our '99 XC70.

Thanks for any and all comments.

jvincent
Hey, welcome!

Silver Green is a nice color. Not my first choice but nice overall!

The standard stereo system is way better than the system in your current car.

Your Retailer should have some XC90s that are changeable. If they do not, they will very soon, within the next week or so. Then, they can be changed to either engine configuration.

If not, and you must have a 2.5T, ask them about the European Delivery program. Currently, their delivery time is March 2003 and you will get two free round trip tickets to Europe and can order the car the way you want. If they do not know about it and/or do not want to do anything with it, let me know and I can make all the arrangements for you.

Best of luck!

Yannis

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions (GrecianVolvo)

Yannis,

Good to hear that the standard stereo setup is sufficient.

The dealer does have cars that are changeable, but not from T6 to 2.5T. At least not in the original allotment of ten. Options can be changed at will, even 5 to 7 or vice versa, but not the engine configuration.

The wrinkle in all this is a lease expiry of 13 Jan for the Cross Country which can only be extended 30 days. I'd really like to make this as seamless as possible. I should hear from the dealer tomorrow. The car has to be finalized by the 24th (at least for earliest possible delivery).

Thank you for your offer of assistance.

jvincent

·
Registered
3,706 Posts

quote:

...The wrinkle in all this is a lease expiry of 13 Jan for the Cross Country which can only be extended 30 days. I'd really like to make this as seamless as possible. I should hear from the dealer tomorrow. The car has to be finalized by the 24th (at least for earliest possible delivery).

Thank you for your offer of assistance.

jvincent
There is a member here on Swedespeed who has a 03' S80 waiting to be delivered, and Volvo has lent him/her a 02' S80 while the other car comes. I am sure how he/she struck that deal, but just something to think about...

-Drew

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well, it looks as though I'll have to come up with something. The efforts to switch with another dealer have been unsuccessful, so the delivery looks to be moving into the future.

I'm going to call the leasing company tomorrow and see what I can do.

Thanks to all for the assistance. Somebody convince me that the T6 is the way to go!

jvincent

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

quote:

The dealer does have cars that are changeable, but not from T6 to 2.5T. At least not in the original allotment of ten. Options can be changed at will, even 5 to 7 or vice versa, but not the engine configuration.
WHAT?
Hmmm...that is strange because I was able to change some of my 2.5Ts to T6s and one T6 to a 2.5T...

quote:

The wrinkle in all this is a lease expiry of 13 Jan for the Cross Country which can only be extended 30 days. I'd really like to make this as seamless as possible. I should hear from the dealer tomorrow. The car has to be finalized by the 24th (at least for earliest possible delivery).
If your current lease is through VFNA, they will extend it for up to 6 months and it can be terminated with a 30-day notice at any time. ALl your Retailer has to do is provide VFNA a copy of the buyer's agreement along with a copy of the incoming order from the pipeline. If you are with another bank, then you are limited. But if not, don't worry one bit; you are covered.

Yannis

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

quote:

Hmmm...that is strange because I was able to change some of my 2.5Ts to T6s and one T6 to a 2.5T...
Are the changeable cars you refer to in the initial allottment? We're talking delivery end Dec through mid Jan. My dealer ordered all 10 as T6. Of the ten, two have VIN numbers (I assume "on the boat") and the other eight are "changeable", 4 due last week Dec and four due second week Jan. The first four to be configured by tomorrow and the other four by the 10/31.

quote:

If your current lease is through VFNA, they will extend it for up to 6 months and it can be terminated with a 30-day notice at any time. ALl your Retailer has to do is provide VFNA a copy of the buyer's agreement along with a copy of the incoming order from the pipeline. If you are with another bank, then you are limited. But if not, don't worry one bit; you are covered.
I'm with Chase. They said 30 days, but I'll call again tomorrow and see if they can be more flexible.

Thanks Yannis!

jvincent

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yannis,

SUCCESS! My dealer swapped a T6 for a 2.5T AWD with delivery at the end of December.

Settled on:

Silver/Graphite
Premium
Versatility
Climate
Premium Sound
17" Neptune wheels

I'm psyched. Hope we're impressed Sat at the Alameda Driving Experience.

Thanks to all for the inputs and assistance.

jvincent

·
Registered
45 Posts

Would someone please give me info on "Sat Driving Experience" Where is this info coming from? Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Alameda Colors and Cars and Questions (sleepless2)

Volvo is putting on a series of intro drives for dealers and prospective customers down at Alameda Point. I got a notice in the mail a month or so ago and signed up. Call your dealer and he might be able to get you in if you're interested.

jvincent

1 - 20 of 25 Posts