SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much love to this dealer.

they have never given me grief on getting service on my modded car. I recently got custom headlights and there was a glitch with the active bending lights. The dealer spent three hours and corrected the problems and realigned/recalibrated my headlights for me and charged about $110. But here's where they are cool.

My mod unsavvy wife had taken the car in for service at the dealer (it is the nearest one for us in America at two hours away). they drove her and my kids into Burlington VT, so they could spend the day and brought her back. They treated her with respect and were considerate of her having the lil kids and accomodated them when the work ran longer than expected. They let my wife go home without even payin the bill, so she could get the kids on the road. They always pick up the tab on our ferry ride (10-20$)home. I called them on monday to settle my bill and they were in no rush and got back to me on Wednesday to settle up my bill. I then remembered I forgot to get fresh wipers. Jim P (can never remember/pronounce his last name) said he'd throw them in the mail for me as long as I sent him the old ones back.

They have done similar for a failed TPMS as well. They took good care of my car when I got my KPAX as well.

In a sea of stealership comments, BIG UPS to AL MARTIN!:headbang:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I use Almartin as well, and they are pretty good guys. Last time I was in, I worked with Jeremy, and he was OK, but a bit on the sleazy side (just trying too hard to be the 'good guy.' Overall, I recommend as well!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Much love to this dealer.

they have never given me grief on getting service on my modded car. I recently got custom headlights and there was a glitch with the active bending lights. The dealer spent three hours and corrected the problems and realigned/recalibrated my headlights for me and charged about $110. But here's where they are cool.

My mod unsavvy wife had taken the car in for service at the dealer (it is the nearest one for us in America at two hours away). they drove her and my kids into Burlington VT, so they could spend the day and brought her back. They treated her with respect and were considerate of her having the lil kids and accomodated them when the work ran longer than expected. They let my wife go home without even payin the bill, so she could get the kids on the road. They always pick up the tab on our ferry ride (10-20$)home. I called them on monday to settle my bill and they were in no rush and got back to me on Wednesday to settle up my bill. I then remembered I forgot to get fresh wipers. Jim P (can never remember/pronounce his last name) said he'd throw them in the mail for me as long as I sent him the old ones back.

They have done similar for a failed TPMS as well. They took good care of my car when I got my KPAX as well.

In a sea of stealership comments, BIG UPS to AL MARTIN!:headbang:
Old thread, but I bought my first car ever(S80 T6) from Almartin, and have gone there plenty of times for service and parts. They are AWESOME.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bumping this thread to say I couldn't disagree more! My Volvo experience seems like it's about to turn into my crappy Audi experience. I'm trying to get my car in for service & can't even get a loaner from this dealership! They're not being helpful at all. Worse yet, I (stupidly) paid for the safe+secure pre-paid maintenance & now it seems I can't/won't be able to conveniently service my car at the dealership. I've contacted Volvo USA to try to deal with them & have heard nothing from them in 48hrs. Why is good customer service such a hard thing to come by these days? Dealing with Audi was horrible, but they at least called me back! So far I've heard crickets....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm trying to get my car in for service & can't even get a loaner from this dealership! They're not being helpful at all. ... I've contacted Volvo USA to try to deal with them & have heard nothing from them in 48hrs. Why is good customer service such a hard thing to come by these days? Dealing with Audi was horrible, but they at least called me back! So far I've heard crickets....
You posted on this issue in the XC60 forum as well. I would suggest trying to work with the dealer, as it may be due to you wanting a two day loaner for standard service. I am in Northern California, so don't know if things are different where you are...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts