SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had my front pads replaced with these and they seem fairly solid thus far.

Total labor @ Bruce Cox here in the 'ham was $161.84 out the door including a full service oil change with Mobil 1. BTW, 50K on the clock.

Sound reasonable?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Akebono Ceramics (darylkaiser33)

I have a set of these on all four corners and they don't throw off much dust. They don't "bite" like the non ceramic pads but they do the job quite nicely. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Bender)

Quote, originally posted by Bender »
VERY reasonable! I will have to look into them.

Agree...the pads work like a snap and low/no dust will be nice!

Labor was $90 for the axle and at least I know it was done right!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've always used OEM brake pads.. never felt "safe" with after-market pads.. but the dust is ridiculous.. other than Akebono pads, what other manufacturers have you USED and RECOMMEND, performance-wise and the lower dust?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: (kyungjunhan)

ECB

I have to be honest the akebono's don't "bite" like the Mintex pads but there is no safety issue at all, and it could be that I upgraded to urethane control arm bushings when I did the breaks and so much suspension flex is gone it feels like a different car. The dust difference is night and day.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Re: Akebono Ceramics (darylkaiser33)

akebono ceramics are great pads, doesn't have that harsh bite like OEM brake pads yet still effective and little to no dust. so far have 7k miles on them.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re: (kyungjunhan)

I have akebonos on my big ol xc90 and they have saved my A$$ several times. I was hesitant at first as well. The dust difference is night and day.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts