SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been addressed before but does anyone know or has anyone experienced an SRS airbag warning after installing a new aftermarket stereo and if so any reset procedures?

-Jordan (the new guy)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: Airbag warning after new stereo install??? (Copeland)

If I'm not mistaken you have to go to the dealer to have the AUM (audio unit modual) disconnected to make the code go away. However, if the dealer disconnected the airbag you might have a problem.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: Airbag warning after new stereo install??? (Copeland)

I seem to remember that this typically happens if the climate control module is disconnected without first disconnecting the battery.

Apparently there is some communications redundancy, such that the CCM must be present for the SRS system to be happy....

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Re: Airbag warning after new stereo install??? (apl175)

Quote, originally posted by apl175 »
I seem to remember that this typically happens if the climate control module is disconnected without first disconnecting the battery.

Apparently there is some communications redundancy, such that the CCM must be present for the SRS system to be happy....

You got it right. You can not unhook the CCM without first disconnecting the battery. You will need to stop in at the dealer and have them reset the error.
BECAREFUL YOUR AIRBAG SYSTEM MAY BE DISABLED TILL IT'S RESET.
If you had a shop do the install, I'd get them to foot the bill if the dealer charges you. Be honest with the dealer and tell them how it happened and they can do the reset in short time. There is no fault with the system so diags won't need to be run.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys Ill go tomorrow or by the end of the week..... Love this forum and the help and knowledge that is contained within....

What a bad day yesterday first the install, then the airbag warning, and then handcuffed for getting clocked 50 over the speed limit.......

·
Registered
355 Posts
My dealer knew what I was up to before hand, and they were against it, but they were able to clear the error for me at no cost?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts