SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S60R M66 AWD and 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD - Climate Pkg, Versatility Pkg, and Convenience Pkg
777 Posts

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
And now V/XC are included. As of yesterday, dealers got notified today. Both my 2003 and 2006 wagons are on the list.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
And now V/XC are included. As of yesterday, dealers got notified today. Both my 2003 and 2006 wagons are on the list.
Shoot. I swapped the old bag in my brother's V for an XC90 bag so it's probably ok... Checking mine

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Yep, V70 and XC70 are now included. Same part numbers though so all airbags will be the standard black ones.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Yep, V70 and XC70 are now included. Same part numbers though so all airbags will be the standard black ones.
More two tone V's gonna happen I guess

so far 07 VR and 06 V2.5t haven't popped on the list

·
Registered
375 Posts
R airbags are also leather and not plastic.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
If it can be deskinned and put on the new one I am happy there would be no issue on my end.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If it can be deskinned and put on the new one I am happy there would be no issue on my end.
Same here. Anyone brave enough to skin an airbag?

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
2,669 Posts
Here's the thing though -- the profile of the hard plastic on the normal three-spoke bag is contoured under the Volvo logo, where the R one is not. Not sure how well the leather will go over that and then be able to make it to the edges of the surface area properly. You could definitely have it done custom though.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Here's the thing though -- the profile of the hard plastic on the normal three-spoke bag is contoured under the Volvo logo, where the R one is not. Not sure how well the leather will go over that and then be able to make it to the edges of the surface area properly. You could definitely have it done custom though.
Yuck. Guess I'll just hope mine doesn't get recalled... Maybe @George @ ViVA can help us?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have been talking to corporate about this. We should all fight them and make our voices heard.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
My 07 VR is in the recall. Calling Volvo now, I'm gonna be upset if they want to take my R bag and replace with a boring plastic one.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
30754312 for the R is still available from volvopartswebstore, but I'm guessing they just haven't updated their inventory. This is quite a conundrum.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts