SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, as many of you know our R cars are part of this airbag recall and Volvo is refusing to replace the airbags with the correct leather bag that we have in the cars. Does anyone know how to deal with corporate on this? I bought my R cars for many reasons, but I find that the contrasting stitching and R in the bag is part of the cars character. I don't want to loose that by putting a plastic non matching airbag in my car.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The V70R has actually been recalled now. I got notice that both of my cars are recalled.

Reactions: stomish

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer and corporate told me both of my R cars are part of the recall, although it’s a different number for the V70r

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They said that they are only gray plastic not black. The recall number is totally different for the V70r verse the S60R. Keep that in mind.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really don't think there are to many threads, I think we all need to complain to corporate about it!

Reactions: kyngofpop

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, then supply us with the correct part when it’s available.

Reactions: kyngofpop

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear what you are saying, however I fully disagree. Volvo produced a product that is flawed and they owe to put it back to what it was! That's the end of the story.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Again, your missing the point!!!! Volvo produced the product, they provided a defective part to people and now they are cheaping out and not replacing it with the correct part, I am fine putting the other bag in as a temporary stop gap. Volvo owes customers the correct part for their car end of story.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I agree with the above, a better example is the headlights were deemed unsafe and they replaced them with base model lights. Bottom line is they are not doing the right thing by their customer. They are alienating their loyal customers in this situation to save a buck. I have owned more Volvos then any other car and was considering buying an spa xc90, this is bad taste on Volvo's part.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Again, not going to continue to debate this but at the end of the day they are most certainly not doing the right thing!!!!

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Agreed, it's easy to criticize others when it's not directly impacting them. Thanks and I am done debating!!

I will continue to be the squeaky wheel with Volvo corporate.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Mr.Wick, I have been in touch with corporate and am curanintly waiting on a response from someone above the representative I have been speaking with. I have also voiced my concerns to them in email form.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I received another response that said that they won’t do anything. I asked if I could purchase the correct one or retain my old one, no word on either of those questions.

Reactions: Iabutler

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Monocog, I am not sure why you are even commenting on this thread. Obviously this issue is not bothering you and that is perfectly ok. It bothers me and several others. I really would appreciate it if you would keep comments like the above out of this.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I have also been calling the Volvo of North America customer contact number and emailing with my representative. I have also spoken with VCOA and they stated that there is nothing they can do.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Tech, I hear what you are saying and semi agree with the above. I would be more than happy to have the replacement installed if they allowed me to keep my old one or the leather cover that appears to clip on. Again, I am even ok purchasing the correct part for the difference in price. I understand the arguments but I am a purest that wants to keep my caR as it was built.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks for the reply Monocog, the only thing that offended me was the comment about the Darwin Award.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is what makes this country great. Thanks again for the comments.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I went ahead and had the recall done. I bought a used airbag to keep my old one just in case I can eventually switch the cover. The new one isn't horrible but I am still not thrilled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.