SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I'm finalizing my T8 order for late 2016... and was wondering if anyone measured the ride heights with the air suspension different settings ? as I can't find the answer anywhere...

I understand the ground clearance is 9" in steel suspension models, and in normal mode with the 4C susp. I guess it lowers to 8" on the highway, to around 7" when unloading at zero mph, and goes up to around 11" in offroad mode as long as the speed in under 30 mph ? That are the closest guesses I gathered on the internet !

It would be kind if someone with a 4C-equippes T6 or T8 could measure some different heights ! (not when the car is running at 70mph, though !:D)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just took some quick measurements at a few different heights and it was interesting to see so much movement. These are all approximate with no passengers inside.

These are measurements from the ground, through the center of the wheel to the highest point on the fender.

Not started, with easy entry/exit turned on -
Front - 31 1/2"
Rear - 31 3/4"

Started and running...

Eco Mode -
Front - 32 3/4"
Rear - 33 1/18"

Comfort Mode -
Front - 33 1/8"
Rear - 33 1/8"

Off Road -
Front - 34 1/8"
Rear - 34 1/2"

Dynamic -
Front - 32"
Rear - 32 1/8"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot !

So, rounding up a bit the numbers, it's + 2 inches in Off Road mode, - 1 inch in Dynamic, +1/2 inch in Eco... and -1 1/2 inches with easy entry.
May help in a few different scenarios (lots of snow, rocks and gravel, highway...)

Any idea what is the max speed allowed in Off Road mode ? As I think that all the other modes don't have minimum or maximum speed limits...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts