SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Momentum 2017 replaced with Inscription 2019, got air suspension and noticed a couple weird things. When the engine is turned off the car lowers down, but NOT immediately, rather in about 3 minutes. It is probably the feature called "Convenience entry/exit", but why it hesitates for so long?? I definitely leave the car sooner than 3 minutes after the engine is shut off. Another thing - during that lowering down I am usually already outside of the car and I could not help noticing rather loud T-R-R-R-R sound from the back of the car while it is lowering. I even thought something may be wrong with the car air suspension, but may be that sound is just normal? Can somebody please confirm or dismiss my concern?

Thank you!
Konstantin

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
647 Posts
3 minute wait is not normal on my 2018... with easy entry selected once I turn the car off it starts to lower. If you open any door however it stops the lowering which is a little frustrating since it takes a minute to fully lower - I like to leave the vehicle right away rather than wait for the full lowering to happen. ;) The noise from the compressor during lowering is normal.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
A minute to fully lower? That's very long. Perhaps it just seems that long?
I haven't timed it, but I don't think it takes our XC90 longer than 10 seconds.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
I just got my Momentum 2017 replaced with Inscription 2019, got air suspension and noticed a couple weird things. When the engine is turned off the car lowers down, but NOT immediately, rather in about 3 minutes. It is probably the feature called "Convenience entry/exit", but why it hesitates for so long?? I definitely leave the car sooner than 3 minutes after the engine is shut off. Another thing - during that lowering down I am usually already outside of the car and I could not help noticing rather loud T-R-R-R-R sound from the back of the car while it is lowering. I even thought something may be wrong with the car air suspension, but may be that sound is just normal? Can somebody please confirm or dismiss my concern?

Thank you!
Konstantin
time for a new compressor. They fail all the time.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Cool so it's under warranty

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
3 mins abnormal.

My compressor was changed 6 months ago and since then the car slightly vibrates only when lowering down for easy entry/exit. I was told that it's normal; however I did not have this vibration before the compressor was changed. May be it's something new with the new models/compressors. I wonder if others have the same experience.

Summary for my car: eco/comfort/dynamic/off road > very quiet. Easy entry/exit lowering down: vibration that all the passengers can feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts