SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am towing a utility trailer with tongue weight, etc., all within spec. Any sort of load, however, and the rear of my 2001 V70xc dips. Not a big deal except that oncoming motorists all think my brights are on because of the tilt. Was wondering if there is an air-shock, or some sort of leveling strut that y'all would recommend to level out the car. The trailer sits atop a 6.5" stinger/hitch ball ... so it is leveled just fine.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Air shocks in my 01 XC? Need advice... (jrusso2005)

As usual you neglected to post your mileage! (sigh)<br><B>01's COME with Nivomats</B> (air shocks) and if it won't hold up a load, they're shot.<br>Your best price anywhere will be Darryl Waltrip Volvo in TN, they sell parts at 10% over COST as these are very expensive.<br>These are not the strongest shocks in the universe so yours may have given up the ghost!<br>I've heard of some killer prices on these from this dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Air shocks in my 01 XC? Need advice... (JRL)

Whoops, so sorry. The mileage is a paltry 60K. <p>I will check with that source. Thank you!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Air shocks in my 01 XC? Need advice... (jrusso2005)

At 60K they <I>should </I>be OK<br>Probably too much tonque weight for the shocks to handle, if so, new ones won't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts