SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Nivomats are hideously expensive, and the lowered chassis Nivos (8626025) are out of production. I'm hoping to solve this Proprietary-Volvo-Parts issue but need measurements of a 862602(5/6/7) shock. (overall diameter, collapsed length, extended length, distance between lower mounting bracket holes)

since the Nivomat does most of the heavy lifting; normal shocks would bottom out immediately, some folks have solved this with much stiffer springs, BUT! Non-Oem air shocks are available for a fraction of the cost of Nivos, and most offer the same "ride leveling" tech AND manual adjustability. specifically: Monroe MA822 for a Cadillac/Buick, and Gabriel Hijackers 49135 for Ranchero,

both are roughly the same shape and mounting style as a Nivomat, but i need measurements of a 862602(5/6/7) shock so i can try to order the closest possible part before modifying it to work.

Please if anyone knows the overall diameter, collapsed length, extended length, distance between lower mounting bracket holes, or any measurements of a 1998 year Nivomat it would help greatly.

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
467 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts