SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i have a strong interest in air ride suspension systems for my R and i wanted to know what others had to say as i continue my inquiry?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is that an r?? Looks like a t5 but the atacama hmmmm and its running the europrojektz banner, thats the club im in midwest chapter

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Is that an r?? Looks like a t5 but the atacama hmmmm and its running the europrojektz banner, thats the club im in midwest chapter
hes a member here...its not an R

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Air suspension is for retards, sorry. Please stay away. PLEASE.

Look, I'm sorry for being unkind about this topic, but this is the kind of adolescent crap that makes me avoid the VW community that I'm grudgingly a part of like the plague.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Air suspension is for retards, sorry. Please stay away. PLEASE.

Look, I'm sorry for being unkind about this topic, but this is the kind of adolescent crap that makes me avoid the VW community that I'm grudgingly a part of like the plague.
+1 on the VW community. There are countless threads about "baggin' the B6". Stretching, poking, and bagging. Sorry, I'm not a fan either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Your right the VW guys always talk about it and have bags. The pic of the EP Volvo pictured above does have a good stance tho!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have a friend whose IS250 is on bags. It's pretty douchey, but you gotta admit, when you hear the hisses and see it pop down to slammed height, it's f*ckin awesome... Would I do it on my R? Yes, only if it didn't take away my 4C or trunk space...

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Ignore the VW comments. If someone does a bagged R in this community, you'll have my kudos. Love it or hate it, it'll take tremendous amount of effort and money to get it to work. So effort alone will have my approval.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Ignore the VW comments. If someone does a bagged R in this community, you'll have my kudos. Love it or hate it, it'll take tremendous amount of effort and money to get it to work. So effort alone will have my approval.
I'm always a bagged fan! I went to a lot of trouble bagging my Hyundai Tiburon, built my own plates and casters, when lowered, the wheels did not camber at all, stood straight up!

I've thought about bagging my R, really have, but after upgrading my sways, endlinks, etc etc, I love tight corners even more!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't love or hate bags. But I've really never understood the hate towards them, what's the deal?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I don't love or hate bags. But I've really never understood the hate towards them, what's the deal?
The fact that, unless you're in a truck towing, they have ZERO practical use, zip nada none. They are 100% for looks and that bugs me. Then again, i'm a utilitarian when it comes to mods.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
The fact that, unless you're in a truck towing, they have ZERO practical use, zip nada none. They are 100% for looks and that bugs me. Then again, i'm a utilitarian when it comes to mods.
I never needed an extensive alarm system for my car; considering the onboard compressor activates with car starting, can't pump the car up (as I had a small tank on purpose), in other words, when the car was lowered, you cant tow/steal it (aside from hot wiring it).

It mostly boiled down to looks, no practicability of it, but looks; however one time I had to tow it and I was able to control the up/down of the front and rear as the car was getting winched onto the flatbed and saved my body kit from disaster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts