SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!

Can anybody tell me what that little hose is coming off of the intake box and running down behind the battery? I tried tracing it but it goes into some sort of condensor thingy. I want to put the K&N cone filter on it but not sure if i need to lose this hose. Thanks.

Tony

1998 V70 T5 (just got)
-adjusted wastegate so far-
Just sold-95 850 wagon with ALL suspension mods possible!!!

·
Banned
11 Posts
The hose is just a breether. When putting a conical intake on just leave the hose loose, or cut it down a little and put a tiny K&N filter on it, like one for an oil breether. Look at the picture of my hood open and you will see on the right the hose coming up over the rad support. mine just sits there no problems.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Blue Coupe:
The hose is just a breether. When putting a conical intake on just leave the hose loose, or cut it down a little and put a tiny K&N filter on it, like one for an oil breether. Look at the picture of my hood open and you will see on the right the hose coming up over the rad support. mine just sits there no problems.

Do you also replace the air mass meter sensor? Does the extra amount of air coming in affect the computer and the idle?

Yannis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.