SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A loss of braking efficency (low pedal & slight steering swerve when brake system responded to pedal travel) was diagnosed by the dealer as air in the brake system. No fluid leakage was evident, fluid level is correct, Pad wear minimal for the milage, and no root cause for the air infiltration was identified. The corrective action was to 'bleed the system'. This 2001 S80 T6 has 15,000 miles and I am concerned that a root cause for the problem was not found. Is there a history or recall on this or similar brake system problems? <P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had problem with my brakes 2000 S80 2.9, but I saw a message on the message center that said brakes failed, it was a spongy response and car stopped about 50 ft further then normally and it happened few times, my dealer dignosed that brake master cylinder failed, after he replaced it, car is fine now, insist on replacing the brake master cylinder, that is the place where air can get into system without brake fluid leak.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gevorg,<BR>After the second occurance on air in the system the Master cylinderwas replaced. The fluid reservoir fit was not tight and this was cited as the probable air source. The car is back for 4 days now and no repeat, - so far. ajm<BR>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts