SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<br>Hi Guys,<p>I have a 1998 C70, and I will be driving it for 30 minutes,<br>and then all of a sudden it will start blowing warm air<br>and no more cold air. The outside is really sunny and hot<br>in Miami where I am visiting. Any suggestions?<p>It's definitely not turning off because it reached the coldest<br>temp in the inside of the car... because it's very hot in Miami...<p>I am clueless on this one?<br>

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
low refrigerent

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

Freon leak and/or evap busted. Common on SVC-70's. Expensive to replace too (figure at least 1200$).<p>I added some freon to mine. Works for now, but refrigerant pressure is going down each week, which means I have a slow leak, probably from the evap.<p>Cheapest solution, although not as "green", is to put some freon back in (12$ a bottle). Since your AC is blowing hot air, it means its empty: add the content of 2 bottles. Then monitor your AC pressure (buy a AC gauge) regularly (week to week for instance) and decide if it's worth it for you to change the evap (expensive solution).<p>If you do change the evap, I recently heard of a secondary fan kit made especially for Volvo AC systems. They were optional on certain cars. A friend of mine has one on his yellow 1995 T5R. If you intend to keep the car, it might be worth it in the long run.<p>Also, go on the SV-70 forum to ask about this. Same AC system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts