SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this on another thread as well. Discussion about this issue seems to be continuing, so I thought it would help to post a new thread.

It's Service Campaign 254 and affects the 2012-2013 XC60, S60, S80, XC70, and XC90 vehicles.

"Volvo has identified that the corrosion treatment on the air conditioning compressor drain plug may be porous, resulting in A/C compressor oil leakage and compressor noise. The condition may also have a negative impact on air conditioning functionality."

The solution is simply to have the dealer inspect the plug and replace it if needed. My notice was dated August 24, 2012.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Does Volvo send a written notice advising if your car is part of the recall??? I have received several from Nissan over the years...........

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
They send letters for recalls. They don't send letters for tech bulletins (that would be a lot
of mail). You can also call a dealer and give them your VIN and they can quickly check
for recalls.

This web site also allows you to enter your VIN and check:

http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/pages/recallinformation.aspx

But it seems to be behind. I have an outstanding recall (based on talking to the
dealer at the last service where I was waiting and did not have time for them to
do the recall) and that site does not list it.

alldatadiy.com also provides recall info, tech bulletins, repair instructions, etc. But
it is a subscription service you pay for. (google 'alldatadiy discount codes" for discounts
if you sign up).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did receive a letter advising me of the recall about two weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Nor I, but I also don't have a noisy compressor. Does anyone know if this campaign is specific to the T6 or are T5s also included? Just wondering if Volvo uses the same A/C compressors across their lineup.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The notice just lists "S60," so I assume both the T5 and T6 are included. It may be VIN specific, which would explain why not all owners are getting notices about the recall. Mine was an October, 2011 build. Although my car is included in the recall, I have never experienced A/C noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts