SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Volvo s90 MY18 is in 42.000 km / 26.000 mile and the AC blower (i guess) started to making a noise.

Is this noise normal? (I don't think that I have heard such noise until today )

Here is the video(engine turned off)

Could you give me a suggestion? (the warranty of the car is over)
I will call the dealer tomorrow based on your recommendations.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It almost sounds like the fan is going out. Something similar happen to me in my past car, BMW 5 series wagon. The fan is usually behind the glove box and it was changed under CPO warranty.

I don't think it should be too hard to replace. Good luck with it.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It almost sounds like the fan is going out. Something similar happen to me in my past car, BMW 5 series wagon. The fan is usually behind the glove box and it was changed under CPO warranty.

I don't think it should be too hard to replace. Good luck with it.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

I went to the dealership and they said, "A leaf stuck there, now we've cleaned it and the problem is solved." But it continues ... I don't understand how they control everything.

I do not want to go to my dealer over and over again. I get tired every time.

Is there a diagram showing how I can access the fan motor? I removed the cover on the back of the glove box but could not tell which part belonged to the fan motor.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I went to the dealership and they said, "A leaf stuck there, now we've cleaned it and the problem is solved." But it continues ... I don't understand how they control everything.

I do not want to go to my dealer over and over again. I get tired every time.

Is there a diagram showing how I can access the fan motor? I removed the cover on the back of the glove box but could not tell which part belonged to the fan motor.
Just remove thr glove box and you will see the fan. Very easy to remove.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
I removed but I couldn't understand which part belong to fan motor. They are all covered.
This one. You better run the AC and try to duplicate the noise to make sure it's from the fan motor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one. You better run the AC and try to duplicate the noise to make sure it's from the fan motor.

I am grateful for that.
Looks like It is placed a bit behind. Can it be removed without removing anything else?

By the way, do you have a guess why the fan motor is making noise? Is it possible for a leaf to get stuck there or something happened like him @pocholin?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I am grateful for that.
Looks like It is placed a bit behind. Can it be removed without removing anything else?

By the way, do you have a guess why the fan motor is making noise? Is it possible for a leaf to get stuck there or something happened like him @pocholin?

Honestly, I don't know if it's easy to remove. It seems you have to remove some parts (glove box, AC hoses,.. ) before you can get to the fan bolts.

You can try cleaning the fan if the installation was easy. If not, just buy a new one...

Sorry for the late reply.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, I don't know if it's easy to remove. It seems you have to remove some parts (glove box, AC hoses,.. ) before you can get to the fan bolts.

You can try cleaning the fan if the installation was easy. If not, just buy a new one...

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you very much for your interest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts