SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened to me saturday when I opened the back to unload something. As soon as I opened the rear door and the car started to lower a pretty loud release-of-air sound came from what seemed like the right rear of the vehicle. I have never heard that sound before. This occurred while the vehicle was running. It only happened this one time and the car continues to raise and lower properly.

Has this happened to anyone else here? Is this a normal occurence? I've never heard it before.

It's got me a bit concerened since I only have about 2,000 miles left on the warranty.

thanks!

2018 XC60 T8 with air bag suspension

·
Registered
251 Posts
The air suspension on my XC60 totally makes air release or pumping noises all the time as the leveling system does it's work...so I'd be more curious why you didn't hear it before than why you heard it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The air suspension on my XC60 totally makes air release or pumping noises all the time as the leveling system does it's work...so I'd be more curious why you didn't hear it before than why you heard it.
Yes, I hear these pumping noises you speak of all the time too. Saturday though, I heard what sounded like someone letting the air out of a tire's valve stem, a loud PSSSSHHHH sound, which lasted about a full second. In two years of owning the car it is the only time I've heard the air bag system make this noise. Doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me just now. After a 50 min trip I parked the car, opened the hatch & lowered the back part of the car with the button on the right to let the dog jump out easily. Same PPPPPFFFHSHSH sound. I immediately tried raising & lowering the car. No issues.

It was about +1°C and very foggy outside.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same exact thing happened to me just now. After a 50 min trip I parked the car, opened the hatch & lowered the back part of the car with the button on the right to let the dog jump out easily. Same PPPPPFFFHSHSH sound. I immediately tried raising & lowering the car. On issues.

It was about +1°C and very foggy outside.
I'm taking mine in this week. I'll report back what they say. I'm not confident in them doing anything since it only happened once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts