SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why.. But lately I have been really regrteing my choice of colour on my R. I got the Sonic Blue. It has been really sunny lately and when I walk twards the car and the Sun is shining on it..it's sooooo BLUE!! But today what really turned me off was a old A-ss Dodge Avenger with a Ricer exhaust siting next to me in the same exact darn colour. I feel like maybe it cheepens the car? I was going to get Charcoal Grey But my wifes S40 is that colour and I didn't want black cuz it's hard to keep clean. I would never get Red (unless it was a Ferrari) The silver is BORING to me plus I had a silver 350z before this. Magic Bue is cool.. but I couln't find one. I was told the Sonic Blue is Rare and I was one of the 1st with it in Toronto , Canada
now I feel like I shouldn't have. Do you guys like the Sonic Blue?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Re: Ahh... Sometime Regret my choice of Colour on my R!! (zigger)

Sonic Blue looks nice though I would never get that color (it looks too smurfy to me). For all you BMW fans, Laguna Seca Blue would have been a cool color. I was thinking about getting the magic blue, but my other car is already dark blue.

Don't feel bad...you kinda have to see it everyday. There's not much you can do unless you want to take a hit on resale/trade in or just paint the car to whatever color you want.

You can spruce up your exterior a little by tinting your tail lights and doing an awesome wax job (wash, clay and wax). You can also tint you windows, but you already did that (I think).

Regards,

Paul

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Well, I have Sonic Blue, I will respectfully disagree.
There are only so many colors out there.
Had you gotten a red R, you would certainly see a red Avenger or or whatever out there sooner or later.
Same had you gotten black, gray, silver, or whatever. There really aren'y many exlusive colors out there.

Is it smurfy? Maybe, but to be truly smurfy I would say it would need to be just a little brighter.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

I happen to like Sonic Blue.

However, I don't see how that will influence how you feel about the color.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

Smurf vs Sonic Blue (in bright sunlight)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wish my car was Sonic Blue.. then again I'm 19.......

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is Hillariouse!!
If u look in the R brochure from Volvo they show a sonic blue s60R and a silver V70R in the brochure it's a much nicer blue. In this PIc it's exactly what I am talking about. VERY BLUE

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

I love my Sonic Blue as well, although I really LOVE it with the Ti wheels. My last car was a similar color, And I never tired of it even after 7 1/2 years. Smurffy ?!? heh, that's rich. Alll colors can usually be associated with something infantile, if you choose to think of them that way (purple is for Barney, yellow is for banana
, etc). While this blue isn't quite as unique as my last, how many people drive a FAST blue VOLVO
?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I got the majic blue and I didn't like it at first but the dealer had more room to work on price on the majic blue. Sonic blue looks sharp! Plus it is a rare color too.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Re: (zigger)

Blue is cool.
Be happy it is not black that only looks great when clean.

btw- saw a new Pontiac vehicle today that was an ink-blue. Very nice, deep blue/black color.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: Ahh... Sometime Regret my choice of Colour on my R!! (Quick Brick)

I had a couple of regrets about flash green during the first few months of ownership ("it is toothpaste colored!"). Now I think that the flash green V70R is the most beautiful car that Volvo has ever produced.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure about that bud! J/k
I don't mind the colour at Night. I think darker rims would look better with sonic blue

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

I really like the sonic blue. It is one of those colors that makes the R stand out as opposed to the wealth of regualr S60's that are all over the road. I love the idea that it's a sleeper, but wish there was a little more differentiation from the regular models. I think that special colors, such as the SB really make it special.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

I think the Sonic Blue with Nordkap leather is a really nice combination, did you get Nordkap?

I have three kids so I have plenty of time to detail my car that's why I chose black, also why I chose Atacama (it's great for kids, I have 3)

Buddy - you have an R! How many R's do you see in one week in Toronto? Since they came out I've seen no more than 5 on the road in total (two of which I've seen a couple times on my daily commute downtown, one is a black '04 S and the other is a silver '04 V). The one Sonic blue R that Woodbridge had was sold to a guy in Pickering or Ajax I think (maybe that's you?) Bottom line: You have a rare car where we live which I think is pretty darn cool!

I'll have to come hunt you down for a race before you reach 450hp!

LTA

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL.. We should hook up. I was told there are 4 Sonic Blues in the whole GTA. Mine I guess the one u saw in woodbridge. One was sold from Missisauga and the one at the Auto show this year that is going to Roberts Motors . My Bsr PPC kit will be here tomorow or friday btw.

·
Registered
180 Posts

I had some occassional doubts about SB the first month or two I owned the car, but now I love it, especially on the V70R.

How long have you had the car?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by zigger »
Not sure about that bud! J/k
I don't mind the colour at Night. I think darker rims would look better with sonic blue

That's why you get the titanium Pegs.

·
Registered
972 Posts

Do you guys like the Sonic Blue?

I looonnnggg for Sonic Blue with an Atacama interior. I just am having a hard time justifying selling my 04 for $25-$26 and buying an 06 for $45k

Jim

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

LOL.. We should hook up. I was told there are 4 Sonic Blues in the whole GTA. Mine I guess the one u saw in woodbridge. One was sold from Missisauga and the one at the Auto show this year that is going to Roberts Motors .

The one I saw @ Volvo Woodbridge (and test drove late last summer) was a sonic blue w/Nordkap and with NAV (I think it had NAV) and MANUAL tranny (that I know for sure). Did you order yours new, and is your GT or MT? If yours was the demo I drove I really liked it, thanks
...don't worry, I treated her well

My Bsr PPC kit will be here tomorow or friday btw.
Cool! Like to hear back on how that works for you. I have a BMC filter and cat-back system on order from EST (also considering DP but not sure about its worth unless I also do ECU and then I'm worried about warranty issues but that's another topic)

I think we'll have to arrange a local Toronto R meeting, eh?

LTA

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: (GuelphVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GuelphVolvo »
I wish my car was Sonic Blue.. then again I'm 19.......

Hey, when I was 19 I had a 1980 school-bus orange Capri

...and you'll never believe this but when I was 21 I had a 1972 AMC Matador in SONIC BLUE! It looked just like this one

LTA

1 - 20 of 51 Posts