SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make a thread to document for of my carR's progress. I am a little late to the party of many of the changes, but I felt now is a good time to start one as me and my friends took some pictures of our cars, but we were short on time and didnt get enough to really call this a photoshoot thread.

In this thread I will update with pictures and maybe even mods and issues I am having with the car, so I will end up asking for help in here if there isnt a thread about what I am having an issue with already.

I purchased this car about 4 months ago and have been enjoying it as a wonderful daily driver to replace my modded e36 that I had. I am very happy with it and it is starting to look great!

So far I have resonator deleted, snabb turbo inlet pipe, FMIC (that needs adjusting), eibach lowering springs, Vanilla performance BRC wheels wrapped in pilot sports, poly upper engine support bar bushings, poly upper engine mount, and both lower transmission mounts are poly. My next on the list of things are a good detailing and a downpipe

I really hope to get some more pictures soon! I thought I would have received a bunch more but thats all I was given for now.

Hope it wasnt a waste of a click!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbup: Looks good so far. Are you considering a tune?
Yeah eventually I see myself with a tune. Right now I am happy wtih the car though, and I think the downpipe will bring it all together for now. Not in a hurry to get one, until I ride in someones caR that has one ahha

Looks awesome.

meh on the tune.
Thanks! I appreciate it

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Ugh what a piece of $hit...Take those wheels off they are horrible and that FMIC has to go, I suggest you mail them to me so I can dispose of them properly

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugh what a piece of $hit...Take those wheels off they are horrible and that FMIC has to go, I suggest you mail them to me so I can dispose of them properly
car is up on jackstands now to get everything off and shipped to you :D

:beer:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks awesome! Question though. With the 19" Vanilla Wheels and the Eibach lowering springs, is there any rubbing when the wheel is turned full lock? I am wondering because if I end up getting those wheels and springs I don't want to go spend money on spacers. But shouldn't the offset on those wheels push the wheels out almost acting like spacers?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awesome! Question though. With the 19" Vanilla Wheels and the Eibach lowering springs, is there any rubbing when the wheel is turned full lock? I am wondering because if I end up getting those wheels and springs I don't want to go spend money on spacers. But shouldn't the offset on those wheels push the wheels out almost acting like spacers?
got rid of the lock to lock rub, but I rub the fender liners on the outside of the wheel well with bumps and hard cornering. you definatly do NOT want to run spacers with these wheels. Fitment is great as is.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Yeah eventually I see myself with a tune. Right now I am happy wtih the car though, and I think the downpipe will bring it all together for now. Not in a hurry to get one, until I ride in someones caR that has one ahha

Thanks! I appreciate it
I'll give ya a ride when I get my tune :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Love the pic hanging on the rim.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Looks AWESOME!! Love the wheels, of course I might just be a little biased :D

If you need anything else, let me know.

Henry

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks henry!

Just some photos from the year. Still the same old, stock wheels on now though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have tonsssss of things to update in this thread because I haven't kept up with it. I will do my best to do that this week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Early this summer I purchased the EST downpipe while the sale was going on and got a magnaflow muffler for a custom exhaust

Recently installed a forge/Viva CBV upgrade to the the car with the help/supervision of C-mod himself

Shortly after the CBV I started to noticed excessive oil consumption. This thread covers a lot of what has been going on with my car. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?197183-Oil-Consumption-and-Boost-issue
While poking around I noticed my timing belt was walking and wearing so I had to get that taken care of!

Trailering my car up to volvo geek

After 2 weeks of sitting and waiting to have work done I finally got to drive the car home! New timing belt, cam gear hubs, and PCV replaced. Still watching the oil and other things to see if my issues are fixed. Noticed I need to replace my radiator as well. :facepalm: The list of things to do is too long.

FINALLY used g2 caliper paint system to paint the calipers yellow. I have been wanting to do this for months and months. :thumbup: Stickers soon I hope and I kinda did a sloppy job. Plan to touch it up at some point.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Looks good man! Could you give me details on the exhaust because I'm looking to go custom as well

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
belt walking off is what happened to mine.. Glad you caught it.. Get that taken care of ASAP!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts