SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I finally realized how ignorant I was posting those previous konigs i posted on here were lol, so i decided I'm going to save up for some rotiforms. I am going to need a lot of help deciding on offset and width to achieve my goal. I plan on being fairly low, like probably tucking a little tire. I am looking at the cast Rotiform Nue wheels. They are concave style and come in sizes:18x8.5 w/ offset of 35 or 45 and 18x9.5 w/ offset of 25 or 35. I am trying to decide what will be best for an aggressive looking setup without not being drivable. Im ok with a little rubbing, all though i plan to roll my fenders and dremel my rear wheel wells or whatever i need to do. I just need help deciding width and offset to clear the brakes but still being aggressive. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Well keep in mind I'm running stock pegs which I believe have a 46mm offset. I'm running -1.5 degrees camber in the front and -2.5 degrees camber in the rear. So with 12mm spacers in the front and 17mm spacers in the back it looks a hair more aggressive than a stock M3. Doing the math I'm running offset 34mm in the front and 29mm in the rear. I rolled the rear fenders to allow for my 265/35R18 tires.

After I lowered the caR to exactly where I wanted it I measured carefully and had the spacers custom made. Just last week Lucky (ARD) saw it and mentioned how nice and tasteful the stance looked. I think it looks perfect!! But I'm an old fart and you will probably want a more aggressive stance. So just consider my numbers. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow so you can consider how you'd want to go.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you post some pictures? That'd be really helpful. And are you just on eibach springs? Not cut or anything? I used some online calculator and put in my current wheel setup and the 9.5 inch wheels at 25 offset and it was .1 of an inch closer to the strut which I have room for now and .89 of an inch closer to the fender which will be fine with a little modification to the fender. The only thing I am worried about is clearing the brakes..

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I finally realized how ignorant I was posting those previous konigs on here were lol, so i decided I'm going to save up for some rotiforms. I am going to need a lot of help deciding on offset and width to achieve my goal. I plan on being fairly low, like probably tucking a little tire. I am looking at the cast Rotiform Nue wheels. They are concave style and come in sizes:18x8.5 w/ offset of 35 or 45 and 18x9.5 w/ offset of 25 or 35. I am trying to decide what will be best for an aggressive looking setup without not being drivable. Im ok with a little rubbing, all though i plan to roll my fenders and dremel my rear wheel wells or whatever i need to do. I just need help deciding width and offset to clear the brakes but still being aggressive. Thanks!
Fixed it for you.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
For real, thank you drummer for fixing that sh*t. You're going to save up for roti Nues? You should go buy a VDub man, nues aren't cool, and the only people that care about that stuff are in the low and slow crowd. Go get pegs, they look better than Rotis

·
Registered
857 Posts
Do a search on the forums- I think someone from iPd was selling some Roti Nues.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I feel that the rims you originally posted def lacked a euro appeal. A quick glance at the rotiform site and I'd have to say the Mono cast would be the best they offer as far as complimenting the R.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I think blq would look better and stand out more

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Fixed it for you.
Thanks. But I fixed yours too.

I like NUEs, and I think they look good. but you'll need to drop the car significantly for them to work, with any wheel gap or even tire gap, looks too normal for the price.

Not low enough (which will be you even with lowering springs):

Lower (acceptable, this height is only achievable with coilovers minus 4C)

Slammed (on airbags, good luck trying for an R)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thanks dougy. Maybe you can PM me what I'm doing wrong. I think I was OK until PhotoBucket updated me with a new GUI

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
ojs , i like the way your R sits and the width of the rear tires...wish I know someplace here that could do that.
It isn't that difficult. I did it the old fashioned way just like we used to do it back in the 60's and 70's. You just have to not be afraid to cut into the rear fenders. And you need to go very slow as you roll. I got over an inch of room in the rears after putting heat and the bat to it.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
It isn't that difficult. I did it the old fashioned way just like we used to do it back in the 60's and 70's. You just have to not be afraid to cut into the rear fenders. And you need to go very slow as you roll. I got over an inch of room in the rears after putting heat and the bat to it.
oh ,I am sure i could do it ,but not on my R first :D...do you have a video? all i found is this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWERTEC-PR..._Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2574dd2d64

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
No video. I'm sure the tool in the lower video works nicely. But I'd use the bat and keep the fender very hot and just go slow so you don't crack any paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts