SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the wipers and I bought some Michelin Stealth wipers from Costco for $9 each when they were on sale. Just wondering here, but do aftermarket wipers fit? I know a lot of new, expensive vehicles don't fit aftermarket wipers because manufacturers want to gouge the customers and stuff, and the S60 looks to be one of them. I looked at the description at the back of the wiper box and it looks like they'll fit, but I'm not 100% sure. Don't want to open them, find out they don't fit, then have a troublesome return if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Why do you need to replace newly brand new wipers with inferior aftermarket ones?

If your wipers are streaking now, just clean them and apply some Rain-X to your windshield. For any new wipers, get Bosch wipers or the OEM ones.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My dealer has been replacing mine with S+S.
I too, thought wipers were covered under S & S. Mine are still OK after 27K miles.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you need to replace newly brand new wipers with inferior aftermarket ones?

If your wipers are streaking now, just clean them and apply some Rain-X to your windshield. For any new wipers, get Bosch wipers or the OEM ones.
Wipers streaking. Clean em when I wash the car and no dice, so I gotta change em. Plus it's been a good 1 year and 4 months, pretty much the life span of a wiper. Rain-X does more harm than good based on past experience.

I don't have Safe and Secure because they didn't offer it to Canadians when I took delivery in June 2011. It was only available in like October 2011 and onwards. Therefore, I'm all on my own!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts