SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have a v70 and both tranny cooler lines are bad so my dad was wondering if instead of replacing the lines, installing an aftermarket cooler would be cheaper? Has anyone done this?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I've seen it done on plenty of 2001+ cars, not so much our gen. Either way, any oil-cooler would work pretty much. As for cheaper though? consider the time spent mounting and such to make it fit right and where you want it, and how much said time is worth to you.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have the IPD Tranny Cooler on my '98, however it uses the original lines as part of the hook up.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen it done on plenty of 2001+ cars, not so much our gen. Either way, any oil-cooler would work pretty much. As for cheaper though? consider the time spent mounting and such to make it fit right and where you want it, and how much said time is worth to you.
I work from home and don't have many winter hobbies besides snowboarding so time isn't really the issue it I can waste a few hours I'm ok with that. I see universal coolers on amazon and ebay for 50 bucks or less, that would probably be fine but it's the connections to the tranny that would have to be worked out. The lines will be 200 plus shipping from FCP, so if I can save 150 bucks why not right?

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts