SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Aftermarket support - T5 facelift c30 R-design

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  paradoxicallymodified 
#1 ·
I have been poking around since I got my 2011 C30, which I love so much, and after doing the maintenance, I wanted to start tweaking things about the car and upgrade them bit by bit.
The initial thing I wanted to upgrade was the sound system - there's an annoying rattle from the passenger door lower speaker - but then it gets annoying with Dynaudio and not and whatever else. I figured the best approach was to upgrade the amp to put out more power, but I don't know what amp works best, and if there is a subwoofer amp that already adds lower end that would fit where the current amp sits or if I'm stuck putting the amp in the boot no matter what.
After looking into that I wanted to upgrade the fluance bulbs because they're pretty meh, but I stumbled upon a c30 with headlights I've never seen when looking for them and I didn't know if anyone in this forum has seen the headlights before or know what they might be or where to get them - [this isn't my car]
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

The other things I was looking into was an exhaust - which I only saw good support from elevate (corsa had an option but I haven't seen much about it)
The cold air intake I saw was initially from elevate aswell but I heard awful things about its performance because it sits right in front of the engine, I was told in another thread it decreases MPG considerably and barely increases power. The owner of the car pictured above uses a K & N typhoon intake, which I would feel better about due to the brand name and how it is mounted.
I needed to upgrade the spark plugs aswell - didn't know if there are any that stand firmly above the rest to increase performance or not.
Clutch and flywheel I wasn't sure what are the better options there - although that conversation is hopefully far away.

Right now I'm perseverating on the headlights, but i am very curious about all of the after market support that you guys have encountered and what sucked and what worked great
[I want to get the polestar tune but its so much, elevate has one but i don't know if it sucks or if again, there's something better that wont kill my car]

See less See more
#2 ·
I Have A 2010 V50 but same engine, I went with elevate catback as there aren't too many issues with them and their product as some say. I also did the polestar tune as it was as much as a downpipe and delivers alot more power for the money. The FWD downpipe seems to be a lil easier than the AWD. Intake is worth it for the sound but I chose the drop in performance from IPD. Hope that helps.

#3 ·
I just purchase this exhaust system from Ebay Becker Catback Exhaust System For '07-'14 Volvo C30 MT FWD T5 | eBay, it's a full turbo back with a catless downpipe. Haven't seen too much online about it but it looks to be a good option if you want to go full 3" and catless. I'll do a follow-up on here after I install. It will be going on my 08' C30 T5. As far as intake, I also have the drowp in from IPD like kluberto but I paired it with a Snabb intake pipe (Turbo Intake Pipe, Volvo C30/C70, S40/V50) and it's made a nice difference in throttle response and acceleration.

#4 ·
[I want to get the polestar tune but its so much, elevate has one but i don't know if it sucks or if again, there's something better that wont kill my car]
elevate one has been great for me, and then if you do downpipe, exhaust, etc you can get an updated tune (more $ for the new tune but less than initial cost). simple and easy for a good amount of extra oomph

#5 ·
I have been poking around since I got my 2011 C30, which I love so much, and after doing the maintenance, I wanted to start tweaking things about the car and upgrade them bit by bit.
The initial thing I wanted to upgrade was the sound system - there's an annoying rattle from the passenger door lower speaker - but then it gets annoying with Dynaudio and not and whatever else. I figured the best approach was to upgrade the amp to put out more power, but I don't know what amp works best, and if there is a subwoofer amp that already adds lower end that would fit where the current amp sits or if I'm stuck putting the amp in the boot no matter what.
After looking into that I wanted to upgrade the fluance bulbs because they're pretty meh, but I stumbled upon a c30 with headlights I've never seen when looking for them and I didn't know if anyone in this forum has seen the headlights before or know what they might be or where to get them - [this isn't my car] View attachment 174923
The other things I was looking into was an exhaust - which I only saw good support from elevate (corsa had an option but I haven't seen much about it)
The cold air intake I saw was initially from elevate aswell but I heard awful things about its performance because it sits right in front of the engine, I was told in another thread it decreases MPG considerably and barely increases power. The owner of the car pictured above uses a K & N typhoon intake, which I would feel better about due to the brand name and how it is mounted.
I needed to upgrade the spark plugs aswell - didn't know if there are any that stand firmly above the rest to increase performance or not.
Clutch and flywheel I wasn't sure what are the better options there - although that conversation is hopefully far away.

Right now I'm perseverating on the headlights, but i am very curious about all of the after market support that you guys have encountered and what sucked and what worked great
Got a part number for the Corsa exhaust? I'll look into it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.