SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to order to V70 T5 without the Volvo subwoofer, although I did so with uncertainty. I figured I'd wait and hear the system before thinking about a Sub.<P>I don't want to add it at the dealer, because the Volvo unit is way overpriced from them. I'm thinking about adding an aftermarket unit and was wondering:<P>- is the car pre-wired for it?<BR>- once I add it is there any requirement to update the cars SW for it to work. As I understand it, the computer controls all...<P>Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrat on your T5.<P>I do not know about after market subs for the car... though, what you will want to get is an after market sub with a cross over installed so that you can take the bass out of your other speakers and target the sub with it.<P>cheers<P>sporto gordo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sporto gordo:<BR><B>Congrat on your T5.<P>I do not know about after market subs for the car... though, what you will want to get is an after market sub with a cross over installed so that you can take the bass out of your other speakers and target the sub with it.<P>cheers<P>sporto gordo</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks. Should get it in about a week or so. Does the Volvo subwoofer have a crossover? The guy at the local stereo shop told me he thought it was made by Alpine, and that he could do something for me at a better price.<P>Just want to make sure that if I go ahead I do the right thing....<BR>

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, the factory sub only has a "gain" control, which allows you to adjust the bass coming out of the sub.<P>The controls on the stereo for the Bass affect the sub as well as the speakers. Turning up the bass on the stereo controls might ( and does with my music) max out the smaller speakers which try to play the bass loud. <P>A cross over would allow you to take down the bass signal to the smaller speakers, letting the bass do the work.<P>cheers<P>sporto gordo

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope Crutchfield updates it's car selection. For the past 2 model years Volvo cars have not been selectable. When ordering speakers and stereos from them their website will only display items that will fit your car. When you order they ship a wiring harness and instructions specific to your car. This entails a lot of ground work on their part to make these features available. The other bad news is that they will only ship within the US, but shopping with their car information makes life easy for us all. I highly recommend everyone to hit the website below to express interest in 2001+ Volvos. <A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-LPVbZMvmuwc/autonotfound.asp" TARGET=_blank>www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-LPVbZMvmuwc/autonotfound.asp</A> <P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts