SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: I want to replace my HU-850 system to a new technology aftermarket stereo headunit and was wondering if it was possible to retain the use of my factory navigation system w/ the controls on the steering wheel ? Possibly a dual screen setup ?

I love the s60r factory navi, its simple, to the point, and the little d-pad button system behind the right side of the steering wheel is excellent .... so i definitely want to keep that system in my car

Im fairly content with the Hu-850 ... just want if a dual screen stereo/navi was even possible ??

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You can do anything you want with the proper amount of money and knowledge..I have a little of the latter, not much of the money.lol. I did not put any effing energy or extra thought into retaining the horrible OEM navigation unit. I am glad that all I had to do was unplug it and everything else worked.

OEM Nav is slow and ancient. Anything than is touch panel will be light years ahead if the OEM Nav. You don't need dual Nav screens, you just want it.

I am away from my desktop so it's going to be hard to get you pictures but in my 05 VR I have a new Pioneer avicz140bh and could not be any happier. Had the OEM Nav for about 5 days before I dumped it. The OEM Nav unit is down position and non functional

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You can do anything you want with the proper amount of money and knowledge..I have a little of the latter, not much of the money.lol. I did not put any effing energy or extra thought into retaining the horrible OEM navigation unit. I am glad that all I had to do was unplug it and everything else worked.

OEM Nav is slow and ancient. Anything than is touch panel will be light years ahead if the OEM Nav. You don't need dual Nav screens, you just want it.

I am away from my desktop so it's going to be hard to get you pictures but in my 05 VR I have a new Pioneer avicz140bh and could not be any happier. Had the OEM Nav for about 5 days before I dumped it. The OEM Nav unit is down position and non functional

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
you could get a garmin stand alone unit (such as gvn-53) and tie into the factory nav screen. Thats what i would do if i were you. I can't remember if you need an imiv to pull that off or not. It's been too long since i looked at it and sold my parts.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Does anyone know if I can get an OEM or OEM style trim/surround for an aftermarket double din unit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts