SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I really want to add a spoiler atop my volvo wagon. I see ipd has a kit but does is it worth the trouble. How much would it be to get that painted to match or if any one has a black one sitting around?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Spoiler (steve850)

<A HREF="http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=45269" TARGET="_blank">some pics</A>

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Spoiler (steve s)

I want to put a spoiler on my wagon as well. I have a 97 but don't see provisions for one on my tail gate, does it depend on the tail gate? I do not even see dimples where to locate the brackets.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Spoiler (DVolvoguy777)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>DVolvoguy777</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to put a spoiler on my wagon as well. I have a 97 but don't see provisions for one on my tail gate, does it depend on the tail gate? I do not even see dimples where to locate the brackets.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>No brackets<br>They glue/stick on. Very strong and do NOT come off, I 've had 2

·
Registered
636 Posts
How do they attach? You use an epoxy? Does it attach to the glass or the upper frame? I saw a link on Volvo speed that it had brackets and the two way tape. No?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

P2 cars have brackets and bolts, I don't recall the earlier wagons having them

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thats cool. Ill look into the adhesive that bonds the spoiler to the tailgate. <p>Id still like to know exactly where it is placed. The gap seals on the glass are loose at the top of the window. I got to get that fixed first.<p>Is the P2 car 98 V or S70?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>DVolvoguy777</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Is the P2 car 98 V or S70?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>P2 is 01 and newer, they bolt and glue on, the early (00 and older) cars just "glue" on. 1998 is a glue on. Just check with your dealer or call ipd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts