SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. 91 views, no replies? I guess the ones who needed the extra space got the wagon ehh ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think most people do the oem Volvo load bars...I did as they are much cheaper than the Thule ones. They are made by Thule for Volvo. I quite like them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@thorin33 any pics of them on the car? Do you have any roof rack on them or just the bars for now?

·
Registered
196 Posts
@thorin33 any pics of them on the car? Do you have any roof rack on them or just the bars for now?
Sorry I don't have any pics on the cars and I only put the load bars and cargo box on when I need them. I bought the OEM load bars and use a Thule Force XL cargo box.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here are the Volvo load bars on my V60 CC. As others have said, Thule quality at almost half the price. Add a roof basket and you’re in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. How long does it take to take the load bars off the car? Is it difficult for one person to do it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Easy as pie. They’re aluminum, so they’re light enough for a single person to handle easily. Under the black end cap cover on each bar end is a large knob. You simply line up the feet with the roof rail and turn each of the four end knobs until they click. They click at the correct torque so there’s no worrying about under or over tightening them. Close and lock the covers and you’re on your way. The knobs even pull out a bit from the frame for tightening without skinning your knuckles, then push back in for locking the covers. Couldn’t be easier ... a very good system and completely tool-less.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Easy as pie. They’re aluminum, so they’re light enough for a single person to handle easily. Under the black end cap cover on each bar end is a large knob. You simply line up the feet with the roof rail and turn each of the four end knobs until they click. They click at the correct torque so there’s no worrying about under or over tightening them. Close and lock the covers and you’re on your way. The knobs even pull out a bit from the frame for tightening without skinning your knuckles, then push back in for locking the covers. Couldn’t be easier ... a very good system and completely tool-less.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Neither. My bars attach to the roof rails found on the CC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts