SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of one that would fit? I'll take better breathing, but I'm looking for a more aggressive sound--not Camaro aggressive (at least I imagine it would be too loud). A full cat-back exhaust might be too pricey.
Thx!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Go to any reputable muffler shop and they probably could fit a nice aftermarket muffler in there. MagnaFlow?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Go to any reputable muffler shop and they probably could fit a nice aftermarket muffler in there. MagnaFlow?
The only thing with this is that you really have to be careful with the noise. Even if an aftermarket muffler sounds OK at idle or at full throttle, the litmus test is when you cruise sort of loaded and on the same gear vs upshifting. Many mufflers generate a booming noise at that level and that can be very annoying.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The r muffler doesn't give a perceptible enough sound enhancement. Not worth the $

·
Registered
219 Posts
The r muffler doesn't give a perceptible enough sound enhancement. Not worth the $
you are right. I tried the R muffler of the XC60 at the showroom and it gave no difference over the regular one. its just stylish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts