SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone have experience using any ebay lugs on their stock wheels? I've been doing a search and seems as though OE is really the only way to go? Read that the Dorman 611307 pitch on the cone isn't an OE match...(I did not realize lug nuts were so complicated...)

I don't care about looks but do care about keeping the tires on correctly and not having to destroy anything to get them off for maintenance later on. BUT still can't bring myself to pay $100 for replacing all of them.

My brother-in-law messed up 4 of them but suggested we get a whole new set for all the tires. Also, are running on just 4 lugs per wheel at the moment.

Would these work:
https://www.ipdusa.com/products/5510/101198-volvo-stock-style-lug-nut-gorilla-70038-1273068

Or this?
https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories-D3116-HT-2305-20-Chrome-12x1-5/dp/B00H1IBKIK/

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went through this last week, when two of my OEM nuts stripped out when placed on a new hub.

After looking at the available options, and wanting a solution as quickly as possible, I ended up using Dorman 611-307 as replacements. If they’re not exact, they’re really damned close.

I can’t find my electronic protractor, but it appears in a side-by-side comparison, that the Dorman has the same angle. Using my calipers, it also looks like they provide marginally more surface contact area than OEM. For the surface-bearing depth measurements, I had to eyeball them a bit, but they’re pretty accurate, even if they went cockeyed a bit while unsnapped the pics.

Dorman Width

OEM Width

Dorman Bearing Surface Depth (Approximate)

OEM Bearing Surface Depth (Approximate)

Side-by-side Comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts
I may have four OEMs in the garage you can have, if you just want to stay with what you’ve got for now. Think I grabbed a few extras last year when I snagged a couple of rims from an ‘08 C70 that was in a jy. Will take a look when I get home.

BD

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts
I may have four OEMs in the garage you can have, if you just want to stay with what you’ve got for now. Think I grabbed a few extras last year when I snagged a couple of rims from an ‘08 C70 that was in a jy. Will take a look when I get home.

BD
Yep, got plenty. Send me a DM with your address if you want them.

BD

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I went with the Febi kit from FCP Euro for $55. I noticed the crowns on some for the wrench were starting to bend, and they were all original, so not a shocker there.
Replaced them all and life has been great since - I always torque to a max of 80ftlbs as well, per Discount Tire's spec sheet to avoid their BS.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The Volvo OEM or Febi`s are a far superior lug nut than some cheap Dorman`s in that the cone remains stationary as you tighten the nut and will not dig into the aluminum of the wheel. A less than a perfect match on the cone to wheel angle interface does not spread the load uniformly and isn`t a really great idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts