SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been curious to know about some after market hoods for the S40 :confused: . I haven't seen any , nor have I heard of any being made. So if you have any pictures or links (custom or aftermarket) please throw them into this thread!

Cheers! :wave:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
that site does not look legit at all

·
Registered
837 Posts
its not

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Go custom, AJ did (but I think all of his images have broken links right now...)

[excuse me for posting a picture of someone else's car, it's just so epic!]

Build something heico style?

C30s came with an optional (fake) hood scoop, but that's a little ricey on a Volvo.

Or cut your fenders like the Elevate s40s.

You could always wrap it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the look of elevate's.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd stay away from a CF hood. Quality of those that I have seen has never been good. And you might have to install hood pins

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
The one you showed is sweet. Olegs?
Yep! From the CTD trip.

Something to keep in mind, especially with the Elevate design, is water getting into the engine bay. The best solution, if you went with the Elevate style, would probably be to get the S60 hood grilles and retrofit them to the S40 fenders. Then you can get the covers for when it rains.

Does anyone know if these grilles would fit with the lines of the P1 cars? I thought Elevate used to have hood grilles for our platform...

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
iirc ipd had a pretty cool looking custom hood on a v50 on a picture on their website before they changed the site. they dont sell it as far as i know.

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We can also pack good upon your request.

That's always nice to know. :thumbup:
From my understanding, the alibaba is legit, its just extremely fob-y. I've been in contact with some suppliers there when I was looking to build BOV kits.

"This rear spoiler is for someone who wants to add a sporty look to his or her car without making it too aggressive."

-within the ad for the hood. I swear no one proof reads on that site.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Go custom, AJ did (but I think all of his images have broken links right now...)

[excuse me for posting a picture of someone else's car, it's just so epic!]
Oh snap, my links are all broken? No bueno...

After weighing the pros and cons of going full CF I decided our hoods are light enough as they are, and adding the vents isn't really that hard. They definitely pull out air and I've had no negative effects with them year round, besides a dirtier engine bay.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh snap, my links are all broken? No bueno...

After weighing the pros and cons of going full CF I decided our hoods are light enough as they are, and adding the vents isn't really that hard. They definitely pull out air and I've had no negative effects with them year round, besides a dirtier engine bay.
Heat extraction sounds more beneficial than a dirty engine bay. I wonder if there is a way to prevent this without losing air/heat extraction...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts