·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
why do you say that?
Joking lol, you can see that I have an aftermarket exhaust on my car (if you read my signature) :D

Some people complain that the IPD oval exhaust is too loud, personally I don't see what they're on about, but you won't really see any measurable performance gains with just a catback, once you add in a downpipe, larger intake, and FMIC you'll start seeing gains.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just added the complete IPD system from the DP to exhaust. The caR breathes better and sounds excellent!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is a decent price for an install of something like this? There's no way I can tackle a project like this right now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the IPD oval exhaust and love the sound at acceleration. It pops through the grears in advanced mode. My only complaint is the steady drone is loudest at 3000rpm, usually where I cruise. I partially blame the drone on my ill fitting CNT downpipe though. I found myself driving at higher rpm's to avoid this. I don't know about extra power but the turbo seems to spool up faster and passengers mentioned it felt faster than before. It can get loud under hard acceleration. A buddy of mine said he could hear it pretty clear from his car with the music on and windows up and I've set off a few car alarms revving the engine in parking garages. Not sure about labor, I installed myself.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have the IPD exhaust, and install was less than 30 mins including stock exhaust removal. It's uber easy, and worth the $$$ IMO.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have the IPD oval exhaust and love the sound at acceleration. It pops through the grears in advanced mode. My only complaint is the steady drone is loudest at 3000rpm, usually where I cruise. I partially blame the drone on my ill fitting CNT downpipe though. I found myself driving at higher rpm's to avoid this. I don't know about extra power but the turbo seems to spool up faster and passengers mentioned it felt faster than before. It can get loud under hard acceleration. A buddy of mine said he could hear it pretty clear from his car with the music on and windows up and I've set off a few car alarms revving the engine in parking garages. Not sure about labor, I installed myself.
I've got a bit of drone/vibe as well, found that it was due to the flange between DP and Catback (thick) being pressed up to touch the car. CHeck for physical interference - i dont find much noise at 3000 to be objectionable, so maybe my resonances are different than yorus. Worth a check. Planning to fix w/ longer exhaust hangars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I should be getting mine Monday and will probably install it next weekend. I'll see if mine gives the same...I'm so anxious!

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's louder but it is a very nice sound.

Joking lol, you can see that I have an aftermarket exhaust on my car (if you read my signature) :D

Some people complain that the IPD oval exhaust is too loud, personally I don't see what they're on about, but you won't really see any measurable performance gains with just a catback, once you add in a downpipe, larger intake, and FMIC you'll start seeing gains.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts