SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, yes I used the search options but still couldn't find the answers to my questions.

So I'm planning on getting an aftermarket Double Din Radio most likely this one:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_35716_Sony-XAV-72BT.html

and I need a list of things I'm gonna need for it to work properly as far as any adapters , harness( as well as for the steering wheel buttons) and the faceplate ( preferrebly with the pocket !) and as far as everything else necessary for proper install on my 03 S60, links to these things would be appreciated a lot. Since I can't find a lot myself :(

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
There are over 20 threads on this, time to use the google search man (the SS search blows)

Metra plug and play wireharness -- eBay
Volvo double din dash kit for 01-03 -- Volvo dealer
Steering wheel controls will be history, so you'll have to use the controls on the new HU. The only plug and play adapter was the Deitz, and it seems to be gone now that the car is no longer in production.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Trust me I tried the google search but It didn't work for me..

I know about the double din dash kit at dealer since I work at one but I'm trying to find out if there is any with the pocket ! because I'd really like to keep the pocket there if possible, It's an awesome place to keep my cellphone.
You sure there aren't any other adapters out there that would work with it? I really like the steering wheel controls and I'd love to have them work with a DD radio:(

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Trust me I tried the google search but It didn't work for me..

I know about the double din dash kit at dealer since I work at one but I'm trying to find out if there is any with the pocket ! because I'd really like to keep the pocket there if possible, It's an awesome place to keep my cellphone.
You sure there aren't any other adapters out there that would work with it? I really like the steering wheel controls and I'd love to have them work with a DD radio:(
Nope, none with a pocket. Volvo, Scosche, Metra - all lack the pocket.

Yes, unless you find a used Deitz 61303 there aren't any options (BTW, it costs as much as the radio practically).
The steering wheel buttons communicate via the car's canbus, this is not an analog signal. The only way to intercept the signal is via a canbus reader like the Deitz.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, none with a pocket. Volvo, Scosche, Metra - all lack the pocket.

Yes, unless you find a used Deitz 61303 there aren't any options (BTW, it costs as much as the radio practically).
The steering wheel buttons communicate via the car's canbus, this is not an analog signal. The only way to intercept the signal is via a canbus reader like the Deitz.
Damn that sucks :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm thinking the DD panel makes a great platform to add a couple gauges where the pocket used to be... :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts

Is this the Volvo double-DIN kit? If so, what is the part number for it? I got an aftermarket one and I'm liking this one much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm Erik from Perzan Auto Radio. We are listed in a bunch of threads on this forum related to the Dietz steering wheel control product.

ss60 is correct except for one thing: there is a steering wheel control option.

We were the US distributor for Dietz product until they stopped manufacturing.

Now we have developed a close relationship with a company called Paser in Italy. We are the US importer of their "Unican Plus" steering wheel control adapter. Because of the volume of folks that are referred to us through Swedespeed, I went through the process of having our engineers write Volvo software.

We've helped many forum members get steering wheel controls working on a variety of Volvos. The good news is that while the Unican Plus is still more expensive than other steering wheel control adapters, it's working great with Volvos and it's less expensive than the Dietz components.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any dash kit or steering wheel control adapter questions. You can also call us directly at (610) 734-1234 during our working hours.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just installed one of these on '07 S60R and it's worknig well. As I had read from other posts about Perzan, Erik was extremely helpful in placing the order, and for a follow up issue where the reverse signal wasn't coming through (conclusion is that it isn't sending it on my car for some reason). I have the steering wheel controls working, the illumination signal. I use a Kenwood GPS unit so the speed line isn't used. I believe that the parking brake line works, but now that I think about it I haven't confirmed that signal.

I liked the fact that the Unican Plus kit included the various connectors for different stereos (in the event that I choose to use a different head unit at another time).

Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm Erik from Perzan Auto Radio. We are listed in a bunch of threads on this forum related to the Dietz steering wheel control product.

ss60 is correct except for one thing: there is a steering wheel control option.

We were the US distributor for Dietz product until they stopped manufacturing.

Now we have developed a close relationship with a company called Paser in Italy. We are the US importer of their "Unican Plus" steering wheel control adapter. Because of the volume of folks that are referred to us through Swedespeed, I went through the process of having our engineers write Volvo software.

We've helped many forum members get steering wheel controls working on a variety of Volvos. The good news is that while the Unican Plus is still more expensive than other steering wheel control adapters, it's working great with Volvos and it's less expensive than the Dietz components.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any dash kit or steering wheel control adapter questions. You can also call us directly at (610) 734-1234 during our working hours.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is this the unit people are talking about? Looks like some are still available unless I'm reading it all wrong.

Stu

http://www.car-media-store.de/dietz-61303-interface-generation-p-3782.html?ref=3

That might be the right unit, but at over 200 Euros, that's a pricy investment; more pricey than the one from Perzan.

From my research doing a new stereo system in my '07 S60R, it seems that the unit from Perzan is one option (gives you steer wheel controls, illumination signal, and a few others that I don't use/need). Alternately it seems some of the others on the forum had success with some of the other ones that are under $100 for the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would love to know where to buy this. I have a 2006 Volvo s60 2.5T, not sure if the color matches this kit though. I really dont want to lose the cubby hole. I hate the look of the double din kit without the cubby hole.

Everyone I find has a blank space there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are over 20 threads on this, time to use the google search man (the SS search blows)

Metra plug and play wireharness -- eBay
Volvo double din dash kit for 01-03 -- Volvo dealer
Steering wheel controls will be history, so you'll have to use the controls on the new HU. The only plug and play adapter was the Deitz, and it seems to be gone now that the car is no longer in production.
http://incarmusic.co.uk/volvo-v70-s...ce.html?filter_name=Volvo V70 steering&page=2 <--here you get steering wheel control. This work.

·
Administrator
55,890 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2004 volvo s60r with navigation, wanting a double din pioneer head unit with bluetooth and all that good stuff, my installer said I need to check and make sure that when we install the new one it will not mess up the nav or or the ecu, has anyone had issues with this? Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all, I have finally found my dream volvo c30 (2007 but minus a few things)..
It's nearby and within my budget... I,'ll be picking it up on Thursday. Now I need to find out how to hook up my iPhone and iPod in it.

I have done some reading... Well actually a lot.
Some of the information is several years old.

As it is now 2014 and with all the technological advancements, I am wondering what most of you have done, what works, what doesn't work and why.

Is it correct , that I could have an after market stereo receiver with mp3 capability installed in place of the volvo factory stereo that doesn't screw up any of the electrical?

If so, are there recommendations... Beware stories... Any advice?

unless it is damn easy, I will probably not install it myself... Are there service places one would recommend?

Limited budget but wondering what 100$, 150$, 250$ will get me.

Last but not least, after everything that you have done or not done... If you had to do it again, what would you do.

Thanks so much

1 - 20 of 22 Posts