SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 C70 and I’m trying to find an aftermarket CarPlay unit… But I am having trouble finding one. Does anyone know if such a unit exists?

·
Registered
820 Posts
You’re in an entire world of pain trying to upgrade the entertainment because the climate controls are fully integrated with it... the only unit readily available is the BluePower, which is basically a cheap and cheerful Android tablet chopped up so the screen replaces your existing screen and CD input slot, and the rest of the unit fills most of your glove box. Comes with a wiring harness to connect them together and to the car. It’s not cheap, it’s a major pain to install, requiring removing the glove box, rear seat, center console and waterfall, it doesn’t work terribly well and customer support is pretty much non-existent.

I have one and main reason I haven’t returned to stock is that it’s just as much of a pain to uninstall as it was to install in the first place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply... that looks like it would require an entire dashboard replacement... there is no opening where your picture shows the screen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply... that looks like it would require an entire dashboard replacement... there is no opening where your picture shows the screen
Yeah, you would need a model with a center speaker. you could also mount an android tablet and use that with a carplay adapter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That looks a bit like some of the newer S40/C70-compatible 'no-name' aftermarket Android HUs I've seen on aliexpress lately.
Curious to see how the build and installation went for you and if you like the unit! I've been considering one for my 2012 C70.
I'd really like to know what model of unit that is. Carplay in the C70 would be awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd really like to know what model of unit that is. Carplay in the C70 would be awesome.
US $280.19 45% OFF|Professional Android 10 Car Multimedia Player Auto Radio GPS Navigation For VOLVO S40 C30 2006 2012 Car Player Stereo BT DSP RDS|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

This is the one I used. The unit itself is basically just an android tablet. I don't route any audio through it as the car's DC power is a little 'dirty' for my taste, and the buzz annoys me. Basically, I have a carplay adaptor wired in behind the stereo and I connect to the car speakers via bluetooth. I miss out on navigation sounds, but my steering wheel controls still work and the sound quality is great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
US $280.19 45% OFF|Professional Android 10 Car Multimedia Player Auto Radio GPS Navigation For VOLVO S40 C30 2006 2012 Car Player Stereo BT DSP RDS|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

This is the one I used. The unit itself is basically just an android tablet. I don't route any audio through it as the car's DC power is a little 'dirty' for my taste, and the buzz annoys me. Basically, I have a carplay adaptor wired in behind the stereo and I connect to the car speakers via bluetooth. I miss out on navigation sounds, but my steering wheel controls still work and the sound quality is great.
Thank you! If you have a build thread or any tips that would be awesome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there s recess in the dash where you mounted your unit in the models that don't have the center speaker? If it is, I think I would cut into the dash and mount a unit anyway. It seems like it would be possible to connect to your existing aux input and be able to use your steering wheel controls.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts