SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in a a subwoofer for my new s40, but don't want to get raped by volvo for $1100 (canada) for the oem. Anone have any info. on aftermarket subs? I've seen someone here that says s/he has an infinity basslink installed.<p>Also iPod integration - I'm checking out a new fm transmititer from kensington - supposedly guaranteed to be the best sounding fm transmiiter avaialble - any info.?<p>2006 S40 T5 AWD GT Saphhire black Premium/Sport/Leather/18 in Medusa/DSTC/HID/Premium Audio - planned upgrades - lowering springs (still investigating)/tinted windows/lip (NOT wing) spoiler

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: Aftermarket audio for S40/v50 (royk121)

You can install an aftermarket sub, but (unless someone's come out with an amp/sub that can interface with MOST) you won't have any control of it from the car's headunit. That's particularly where the value of the Volvo sub solution comes in. There are plenty of threads on the subwoofer in the archives if you search; "aftermarket subwoofer" should do the trick as a search criterion. <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=36685&page=1" TARGET="_blank">Here</A> is one thread that discusses many of the issues.<p>As for the FM transmitter... ask a dozen people, get a dozen answers. It really depends on where you live and where you drive. Generally, in urban areas with a lot of FM traffic, most of them peform poorly. In less-congested radio spaces, though, most of them are adequate. The Kensington model you're looking at probably won't be much better or worse than any other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts