SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XC-90: Aftermarket Alternatives To Premium Sound

Hi All,<p>Has anyone installed an aftermarket stereo system in their XC-90? I was wondering if this were possible. Well, I know a lot is possible. But, I'm more concerned about how the job would look after installation. I ask because, I'm sure there are better systems out there that can be had for less than $1400. I also ask because I'm planning on getting a 2007 XC90 and if aftermarket systems can go in, I can forego Volvo's $1400 Premium Sound System option and possibly their Navi system.<p><br>Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: XC-90: Aftermarket Alternatives To Premium Sound (hugebob)

On thing cool about the nav system is that you can access all areas of it on the road. Our '06 Jeep GC locks out significant portions after you begin moving. The routing display can be a bit confusing at times. This is a line of triangles pointing in the direction of travel as opposed to a solid line overlaying the route.<p>Cheers,<br>Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought an 07 xc90 last night. I would not recommend the nav unit, I have owned a lot of cars with nav systems, and volvo's just isn't as rock solid as the rest. If you want to go aftermarket on everything, you're going to have to sacrifice your dash's nice tidy appearance for some gaudy fold out screen unit lol.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: (zkaudio)

I agree, your dash won't look as neat and tidy. <p>Speaking of a nice looking dash, has anyone been in GM's new 900 SUVs? The whole nav/radio display is awesome. It is layed out really intuitively and the resolution is awesome, especially on the back up camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts