SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,523 Posts
Eurosport Tuning headlights

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'm honestly very fond of the R's headlights. The goofy tilt/swivel high beams are part of its quirky Swedish charm, and the light output (while not stellar) is perfectly acceptable with fresh, properly-adjusted bulbs. I'd only go for something aftermarket if they broke beyond repair, as stock replacements are prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The R headlights suck.

They don't light all that well, not even close to some of the good OEM HID projectors like Acura TSX's or the Audi A6 ones.

They are overly complicated so they are prone to breaking, and like to let water in to ruin ballasts.

They cost a retarded amount from Volvo, so much that used sets R headlights go for $800. Let's face it, if you break both headlights in a car accident most R's would be totaled in replacement cost of head lights.

Even just replacement glass is expensive on them.

I will take the EST headlights with the DRL's any day of the week. You could buy a set of them, add good OEM hid projectors, OEM quality HID components, do a dual HID setup (true bi xenon ) with 55 watt high beams and all sorts of bells and whistles and still be cheaper than a set of new headlights from Volvo.

·
Registered
908 Posts
So salty, haha. They're not great, but they're really not much worse than BMWs/Audis of similar vintage. I'm happy with their mediocrity until they break, at which point I shall curse the gods for visiting such expensive ruination on me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was impressed by the quality for what they are, upgraded them to HID for about $100 more. They look cool, I mostly like the black surround opposed to the silver but the real difference is the beam, sooo much better! lows are really nice, and with good fogs and the high beams on you will feel like you are driving a rally car with a massive light bar. I'd say go for it! 2 new head lights with dual HIDs for less than one factory light with much better performance and no leveling system to fail....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used Kensun kits from amazon, all you do is drill a 1" hole in the plastic housing to get the wires through and plug them in, the ballasts fit under the headlights easily, I just used outdoor double sided tape to secure them to the body. Hit me up if you have problems.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Any way to get rid of the error message?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.